Jamaican Man in Custody of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Dies at Hospital
The United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency recently announced that a 47-year-old Jamaican man in its custody died at Lafayette General Hospital in Lafayette, Louisiana.
The cause of death is believed to be cardiac arrest according to ICE.
The agency says Roger Rayson, 47, was transferred from the LaSalle Detention Facility to LaSalle General Hospital Feb. 11, for nausea, vomiting and increased pain.
ICE says Rayson was admitted for dehydration and further evaluation. LaSalle General Hospital diagnosed Rayson with Burkitt Lymphoma (non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma).
On March 4, LaSalle General Hospital transferred Rayson to Lafayette General Hospital. Layfayette General Hospital medical staff declared Rayson deceased March 13 at 3:20 p.m. Central time.
ICE said Rayson was arrested on November 24, 2014, by US Customs and Border Protection in Miami for possession of cocaine.
And on April 24, 2015, he was convicted of of importation of cocaine and sentenced to 30 months incarceration by the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Weather – More Rain On The Horizon For Jamaica - November 24, 2017
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017