Jamaican Man in Custody of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Dies at Hospital
The United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency recently announced that a 47-year-old Jamaican man in its custody died at Lafayette General Hospital in Lafayette, Louisiana.
The cause of death is believed to be cardiac arrest according to ICE.
The agency says Roger Rayson, 47, was transferred from the LaSalle Detention Facility to LaSalle General Hospital Feb. 11, for nausea, vomiting and increased pain.
ICE says Rayson was admitted for dehydration and further evaluation. LaSalle General Hospital diagnosed Rayson with Burkitt Lymphoma (non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma).
On March 4, LaSalle General Hospital transferred Rayson to Lafayette General Hospital. Layfayette General Hospital medical staff declared Rayson deceased March 13 at 3:20 p.m. Central time.
ICE said Rayson was arrested on November 24, 2014, by US Customs and Border Protection in Miami for possession of cocaine.
And on April 24, 2015, he was convicted of of importation of cocaine and sentenced to 30 months incarceration by the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica Represented In IDB Development Work - May 26, 2018
- Reggae Boyz Fall Out Of Top 50 In Latest FIFA Rankings - May 26, 2018
- Sean Paul Announces Death Of His Father - May 25, 2018
- Ananda Alert Issued For Missing St Ann Teen - May 24, 2018
- Street Team Win ‘Clash 13’ Of Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Competition - May 23, 2018
- Ignite IGL Foundation Brings Cheer To Riverton Meadows Early Childhood Centre - May 22, 2018
- Gasoline Retailers Express Concern As Fuel Prices Rise - May 22, 2018
- Security Forces Seize Masks, Firearms In Westmoreland - May 21, 2018
- Gov’t Considers Increasing Ethanol Percentage In Petrol - May 20, 2018
- Bayern Munich Reportedly Make €60 Million Offer For Jamaican Winger Leon Bailey - May 19, 2018