Jamaican Man in Custody of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Dies at Hospital
The United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency recently announced that a 47-year-old Jamaican man in its custody died at Lafayette General Hospital in Lafayette, Louisiana.
The cause of death is believed to be cardiac arrest according to ICE.
The agency says Roger Rayson, 47, was transferred from the LaSalle Detention Facility to LaSalle General Hospital Feb. 11, for nausea, vomiting and increased pain.
ICE says Rayson was admitted for dehydration and further evaluation. LaSalle General Hospital diagnosed Rayson with Burkitt Lymphoma (non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma).
On March 4, LaSalle General Hospital transferred Rayson to Lafayette General Hospital. Layfayette General Hospital medical staff declared Rayson deceased March 13 at 3:20 p.m. Central time.
ICE said Rayson was arrested on November 24, 2014, by US Customs and Border Protection in Miami for possession of cocaine.
And on April 24, 2015, he was convicted of of importation of cocaine and sentenced to 30 months incarceration by the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- U-17 Reggae Girlz Out Of Contention For Women’s World Cup - October 23, 2017
- Bloody Weekend Sees Seven Killed In St James - October 22, 2017
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017