Jamaican Man in Custody of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Dies at Hospital
The United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency recently announced that a 47-year-old Jamaican man in its custody died at Lafayette General Hospital in Lafayette, Louisiana.
The cause of death is believed to be cardiac arrest according to ICE.
The agency says Roger Rayson, 47, was transferred from the LaSalle Detention Facility to LaSalle General Hospital Feb. 11, for nausea, vomiting and increased pain.
ICE says Rayson was admitted for dehydration and further evaluation. LaSalle General Hospital diagnosed Rayson with Burkitt Lymphoma (non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma).
On March 4, LaSalle General Hospital transferred Rayson to Lafayette General Hospital. Layfayette General Hospital medical staff declared Rayson deceased March 13 at 3:20 p.m. Central time.
ICE said Rayson was arrested on November 24, 2014, by US Customs and Border Protection in Miami for possession of cocaine.
And on April 24, 2015, he was convicted of of importation of cocaine and sentenced to 30 months incarceration by the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- Thompson Wins Women’s 100m At Birmingham Diamond League - August 20, 2017
- Upcoming Solar Eclipse Will Obscure Large View Of The Sun From Jamaica, But Protect Your Eyes! - August 20, 2017
- 10 Persons Struck By Lightning At Mystic mountain - August 19, 2017
- Tropical Storm Harvey Being Monitored By ODPEM, Met Office - August 19, 2017
- Regulations Coming For Motorcycle Sale And Use (NRSC) - August 18, 2017
- Employment In Jamaica At All-Time High - August 18, 2017
- Bolt To Miss Opportunity To Play For Manchester United Due To Injury - August 17, 2017
- Jamaican Farm Worker Dies In Tractor Roll-Over Accident In Canada - August 17, 2017
- Elaine Thompson To Compete In Diamond League This Sunday - August 17, 2017
- Businessman Killed In Sandy Bay, Clarendon - August 16, 2017