Gov’t Not Ruling Out Total Shut Down of Cornwall Regional Hospital
The government is not ruling out a total shut down of the Cornwall Regional Hospital.
This as the hospital continues to be plagued by the emission of noxious fumes which are believed to be emanating from an antiquated ventilation system.
Health Minister, Dr. Christopher Tufton recently stated:
“We continue to monitor the situation….and if it is a case that it needs to be shut down, it will be…so we are looking at a number of options to determine what are the best alternatives…if any to dealing with the possibility of a total shut down, if it becomes necessary”.
“Ideally though, it would be better for us to isolate the areas that are affected that need to be occupied, while we carry out repairs, and that’s what we are doing now,” he also said.
Minister Tufton made the disclosure while speaking with the media on Wednesday (March 1).
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018
- How Technology Has Made The World Smaller By Creating Remote Working Environments - September 4, 2018
- “Oh What A Finish!” Leon Bailey Scores Cracker For Leverkusen - September 3, 2018
- Elderly Jamaican Man Arrested In Florida After Setting Fire To Raccoon Which Ate His Mangoes - August 30, 2018
- Chas. E. Ramson Limited. Cushions Infant Care Costs With ‘Kiss Baby’ Diaper Donations - August 26, 2018
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018