Gov’t Not Ruling Out Total Shut Down of Cornwall Regional Hospital
The government is not ruling out a total shut down of the Cornwall Regional Hospital.
This as the hospital continues to be plagued by the emission of noxious fumes which are believed to be emanating from an antiquated ventilation system.
Health Minister, Dr. Christopher Tufton recently stated:
“We continue to monitor the situation….and if it is a case that it needs to be shut down, it will be…so we are looking at a number of options to determine what are the best alternatives…if any to dealing with the possibility of a total shut down, if it becomes necessary”.
“Ideally though, it would be better for us to isolate the areas that are affected that need to be occupied, while we carry out repairs, and that’s what we are doing now,” he also said.
Minister Tufton made the disclosure while speaking with the media on Wednesday (March 1).
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Weather – More Rain On The Horizon For Jamaica - November 24, 2017
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017