Gov’t Not Ruling Out Total Shut Down of Cornwall Regional Hospital
The government is not ruling out a total shut down of the Cornwall Regional Hospital.
This as the hospital continues to be plagued by the emission of noxious fumes which are believed to be emanating from an antiquated ventilation system.
Health Minister, Dr. Christopher Tufton recently stated:
“We continue to monitor the situation….and if it is a case that it needs to be shut down, it will be…so we are looking at a number of options to determine what are the best alternatives…if any to dealing with the possibility of a total shut down, if it becomes necessary”.
“Ideally though, it would be better for us to isolate the areas that are affected that need to be occupied, while we carry out repairs, and that’s what we are doing now,” he also said.
Minister Tufton made the disclosure while speaking with the media on Wednesday (March 1).
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Rising US Rapper With Jamaican Roots Killed In Florida - June 19, 2018
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018