Flash Flood Watch in Effect For Eastern Parishes
The Meteorological Service has issued a Flash Flood Watch for low-lying and flood-prone areas of St. Mary, Portland and St. Thomas.
This will remain in effect until 5:00 pm on Monday.
A Cold Front north of Jamaica along with a strong High Pressure system over the northwestern Caribbean continue to influence the weather across the island.
Satellite imagery and Radar reports indicated that light to moderate showers affected mainly northern and southeastern parishes this morning, especially interior areas of St. Mary, Portland and St. Thomas.
Showers, which could be heavy at times, are expected to continue to affect sections of central and eastern parishes particularly St. Mary, Portland and St. Thomas this afternoon into tonight. Flash flooding is therefore a possibility over some low-lying and flood-prone areas of these parishes.
A FLASH FLOOD WATCH means that flash flooding is possible and residents are advised to take precautionary measures, keep informed by listening to further releases from the Meteorological Service and be ready for quick action if flooding is observed or if a Warning is issued.
The Meteorological Service will continue to monitor the situation.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018
- Leon Bailey Backs Bolt To Succeed As A Professional Footballer - April 14, 2018