Flash Flood Watch in Effect For Eastern Parishes
The Meteorological Service has issued a Flash Flood Watch for low-lying and flood-prone areas of St. Mary, Portland and St. Thomas.
This will remain in effect until 5:00 pm on Monday.
A Cold Front north of Jamaica along with a strong High Pressure system over the northwestern Caribbean continue to influence the weather across the island.
Satellite imagery and Radar reports indicated that light to moderate showers affected mainly northern and southeastern parishes this morning, especially interior areas of St. Mary, Portland and St. Thomas.
Showers, which could be heavy at times, are expected to continue to affect sections of central and eastern parishes particularly St. Mary, Portland and St. Thomas this afternoon into tonight. Flash flooding is therefore a possibility over some low-lying and flood-prone areas of these parishes.
A FLASH FLOOD WATCH means that flash flooding is possible and residents are advised to take precautionary measures, keep informed by listening to further releases from the Meteorological Service and be ready for quick action if flooding is observed or if a Warning is issued.
The Meteorological Service will continue to monitor the situation.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- Munga Charged With Murder - May 28, 2017
- Elaine Thompson Finishes Third In 200m At Eugene Diamond League - May 28, 2017
- Mother, Son Killed in Hanover - May 27, 2017
- 8 Jamaican Youngsters Receive Medical Scholarships From Cuba - May 27, 2017
- Life Sentences For Jamaican-Born DC Sniper Thrown Out - May 26, 2017
- 23-Yr-Old Man Allegedly Killed By Girlfriend in St Ann - May 26, 2017
- JPS Seeks Electricity Rate Increase - May 26, 2017
- Jamaica’s Love Affair With the Mentally Tough Sport of Football - May 26, 2017
- Elaine Thompson, Dafne Schippers to Clash On Saturday - May 25, 2017
- Jamaican Man Admits to Participating in Lottery Scam Targeting Elderly Victims in the US - May 25, 2017