Flash Flood Watch in Effect For Eastern Parishes
The Meteorological Service has issued a Flash Flood Watch for low-lying and flood-prone areas of St. Mary, Portland and St. Thomas.
This will remain in effect until 5:00 pm on Monday.
A Cold Front north of Jamaica along with a strong High Pressure system over the northwestern Caribbean continue to influence the weather across the island.
Satellite imagery and Radar reports indicated that light to moderate showers affected mainly northern and southeastern parishes this morning, especially interior areas of St. Mary, Portland and St. Thomas.
Showers, which could be heavy at times, are expected to continue to affect sections of central and eastern parishes particularly St. Mary, Portland and St. Thomas this afternoon into tonight. Flash flooding is therefore a possibility over some low-lying and flood-prone areas of these parishes.
A FLASH FLOOD WATCH means that flash flooding is possible and residents are advised to take precautionary measures, keep informed by listening to further releases from the Meteorological Service and be ready for quick action if flooding is observed or if a Warning is issued.
The Meteorological Service will continue to monitor the situation.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jamaica Could Be Producing Oil in a Few Years Says Energy Minister - March 29, 2017
- Three Records Smashed on First Day of ISSA/Grace Kennedy Boys and Girls Athletics Championships - March 29, 2017
- Tesha Miller Nabbed in The Bahamas - March 29, 2017
- Exquisite Goal By Jamaica is Number 1 in Gold Cup Video Ranking! (VIDEO) - March 28, 2017
- Advance your legal career with an online LLM Laws from the UK with the University of South Wales (USW) through UNICAF - March 28, 2017
- Over 200 Illegal Guns Seized By Police So Far This Year - March 28, 2017
- At Least 5 Sex Abuse Cases Involving Children Encountered at St Ann’s Bay Hospital Weekly Says Nurse - March 27, 2017
- Jamaica Has its Best Performance to Date at Special Olympics Winter Games - March 27, 2017
- Peter Phillips Becomes PNP President - March 26, 2017
- Popcaan & Gorillaz Track Racks Up Nearly 10 Million Views in 3 Days on YouTube - March 26, 2017