Flash Flood Watch in Effect For Eastern Parishes
The Meteorological Service has issued a Flash Flood Watch for low-lying and flood-prone areas of St. Mary, Portland and St. Thomas.
This will remain in effect until 5:00 pm on Monday.
A Cold Front north of Jamaica along with a strong High Pressure system over the northwestern Caribbean continue to influence the weather across the island.
Satellite imagery and Radar reports indicated that light to moderate showers affected mainly northern and southeastern parishes this morning, especially interior areas of St. Mary, Portland and St. Thomas.
Showers, which could be heavy at times, are expected to continue to affect sections of central and eastern parishes particularly St. Mary, Portland and St. Thomas this afternoon into tonight. Flash flooding is therefore a possibility over some low-lying and flood-prone areas of these parishes.
A FLASH FLOOD WATCH means that flash flooding is possible and residents are advised to take precautionary measures, keep informed by listening to further releases from the Meteorological Service and be ready for quick action if flooding is observed or if a Warning is issued.
The Meteorological Service will continue to monitor the situation.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Weather – More Rain On The Horizon For Jamaica - November 24, 2017
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017