Fees to Licence Motor Vehicles Increased
As of March 13 motor vehicle licence and related fees will increase by 20 per cent to help close a $30 billion gap in the $715 billion budget.
Specifically, motor vehicle and driver’s licence-related fees for taxis move from J$7,700 to J$9,240, while cars with a cc rating not exceeding 1199 will also pay $9,240, up from $7,700.
Those who own motor cars with a cc rating exceeding 1199, but not exceeding 2999cc, will now pay J$12,600 to licence their vehicles, up from J$10,500.
General driver’s licence fee will increase by $1,200 to $7,200.
An increase in the special consumption tax on petrol takes effect Wednesday.
Motorists who use unleaded gasoline, both 90 and 87 grades, will pay J$5.67 more per litre, and purchasing automotive diesel will have to spend an additional J$6.70 per litre.
Finance Minister Audley Shaw last week announced $13.5 billion in new taxes to help close a $30 billion gap in the $715 billion budget.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- Jamaica Could Be Producing Oil in a Few Years Says Energy Minister - March 29, 2017
- Three Records Smashed on First Day of ISSA/Grace Kennedy Boys and Girls Athletics Championships - March 29, 2017
- Tesha Miller Nabbed in The Bahamas - March 29, 2017
- Exquisite Goal By Jamaica is Number 1 in Gold Cup Video Ranking! (VIDEO) - March 28, 2017
- Advance your legal career with an online LLM Laws from the UK with the University of South Wales (USW) through UNICAF - March 28, 2017
- Over 200 Illegal Guns Seized By Police So Far This Year - March 28, 2017
- At Least 5 Sex Abuse Cases Involving Children Encountered at St Ann’s Bay Hospital Weekly Says Nurse - March 27, 2017
- Jamaica Has its Best Performance to Date at Special Olympics Winter Games - March 27, 2017
- Peter Phillips Becomes PNP President - March 26, 2017
- Popcaan & Gorillaz Track Racks Up Nearly 10 Million Views in 3 Days on YouTube - March 26, 2017