Don’t Call them Deportees – They are ‘Involuntarily Returned Migrants’ – NODM
The National Organization of Deported Migrants (NODM) is asking the public to refrain from referring to the persons sent from the United Kingdom recently, as deportees.
According to President, Oswald Dawkins, the term ‘ deportee,’ comes with an attached negative stigma, which can adversely affect the reintegration process for these persons, who he terms, ‘Involuntarily Returned Migrants‘.
Mr Dawkins disclosed that representatives from the organisation met with the returned migrants yesterday.
He says the migrants were given guide booklets and contact information for regional agents, who will assist them with reintegration.
He also stated that the NODM will take the necessary steps to ascertain the details of each individual who is deported.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- D&G Foundation Pumps 4.2 Million Into HEART Trust NTA Youth Development Programme - December 13, 2017
- Dancehall Artiste Mineral Boss Shot Dead In Caymanas Bay - December 13, 2017
- A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes) - December 12, 2017
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Delivers Two Assists In Leverkusen Win - December 10, 2017
- Jamaicans Driving Support Against Paediatric Cancer - December 9, 2017
- Missing US National Found - December 8, 2017
- Police Seek Public’s Help To Find Missing US National - December 7, 2017