Don’t Call them Deportees – They are ‘Involuntarily Returned Migrants’ – NODM
The National Organization of Deported Migrants (NODM) is asking the public to refrain from referring to the persons sent from the United Kingdom recently, as deportees.
According to President, Oswald Dawkins, the term ‘ deportee,’ comes with an attached negative stigma, which can adversely affect the reintegration process for these persons, who he terms, ‘Involuntarily Returned Migrants‘.
Mr Dawkins disclosed that representatives from the organisation met with the returned migrants yesterday.
He says the migrants were given guide booklets and contact information for regional agents, who will assist them with reintegration.
He also stated that the NODM will take the necessary steps to ascertain the details of each individual who is deported.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Boy Kevon Lambert Signs For Phoenix Rising FC - August 21, 2017
- Thompson Wins Women’s 100m At Birmingham Diamond League - August 20, 2017
- Upcoming Solar Eclipse Will Obscure Large View Of The Sun From Jamaica, But Protect Your Eyes! - August 20, 2017
- 10 Persons Struck By Lightning At Mystic mountain - August 19, 2017
- Tropical Storm Harvey Being Monitored By ODPEM, Met Office - August 19, 2017
- Regulations Coming For Motorcycle Sale And Use (NRSC) - August 18, 2017
- Employment In Jamaica At All-Time High - August 18, 2017
- Bolt To Miss Opportunity To Play For Manchester United Due To Injury - August 17, 2017
- Jamaican Farm Worker Dies In Tractor Roll-Over Accident In Canada - August 17, 2017
- Elaine Thompson To Compete In Diamond League This Sunday - August 17, 2017