Don’t Call them Deportees – They are ‘Involuntarily Returned Migrants’ – NODM
The National Organization of Deported Migrants (NODM) is asking the public to refrain from referring to the persons sent from the United Kingdom recently, as deportees.
According to President, Oswald Dawkins, the term ‘ deportee,’ comes with an attached negative stigma, which can adversely affect the reintegration process for these persons, who he terms, ‘Involuntarily Returned Migrants‘.
Mr Dawkins disclosed that representatives from the organisation met with the returned migrants yesterday.
He says the migrants were given guide booklets and contact information for regional agents, who will assist them with reintegration.
He also stated that the NODM will take the necessary steps to ascertain the details of each individual who is deported.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- Jamaican Man Admits to Participating in Lottery Scam Targeting Elderly Victims in the US - May 25, 2017
- Watch: Spice On Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta - May 25, 2017
- Cash Plus Boss Freed As Fraud Case Falls Apart - May 24, 2017
- PM Extends Condolences to The UK Following Terrorist Attack - May 24, 2017
- Man Perishes in Car Crash in Trelawny - May 23, 2017
- Sunshine Girls Suffer First Ever Defeat to Barbados - May 23, 2017
- Busy Signal Gets US Work Permit - May 22, 2017
- Over 25,000 Young People to Receive Employment Via Summer Work Programme - May 22, 2017
- Man Dies in Horrific Accident After Allegedly Stealing Car - May 21, 2017
- 9-Yr-Old Girl Shot By Gunmen in West Kingston - May 21, 2017