Deportees Arrive From the United Kingdom
A number of deportees reportedly arrived at the JCF Mobile Reserve in Kingston on Wednesday afternoon, after being sent on a flight from the United Kingdom to their native Jamaica.
They arrived via a charter flight at the Norman Manley International Airport.
They were then taken to the Mobile Reserve by bus for processing.
A number of people, including family and friends of the deportees, have reportedly gathered at the facility to observe the proceedings.
This marks the second deportation flight from the UK since September 2016, when 42 persons were sent back to the island.
Jamaica Constabulary Force personnel, an officer of the Diaspora, Protocol and Consular Affairs Division of the Foreign Affairs Ministry, as well as representatives of the National Organisation for Deported Migrants (NODM), a non-governmental organisation (NGO) funded by the British High Commission, met the deported Jamaicans on arrival.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- Jamaica Could Be Producing Oil in a Few Years Says Energy Minister - March 29, 2017
- Three Records Smashed on First Day of ISSA/Grace Kennedy Boys and Girls Athletics Championships - March 29, 2017
- Tesha Miller Nabbed in The Bahamas - March 29, 2017
- Exquisite Goal By Jamaica is Number 1 in Gold Cup Video Ranking! (VIDEO) - March 28, 2017
- Advance your legal career with an online LLM Laws from the UK with the University of South Wales (USW) through UNICAF - March 28, 2017
- Over 200 Illegal Guns Seized By Police So Far This Year - March 28, 2017
- At Least 5 Sex Abuse Cases Involving Children Encountered at St Ann’s Bay Hospital Weekly Says Nurse - March 27, 2017
- Jamaica Has its Best Performance to Date at Special Olympics Winter Games - March 27, 2017
- Peter Phillips Becomes PNP President - March 26, 2017
- Popcaan & Gorillaz Track Racks Up Nearly 10 Million Views in 3 Days on YouTube - March 26, 2017