BREAKING: Kartel, 3 Co-accused Get Leave to Appeal Murder Conviction
Vybz Kartel and three of his three co-accused in the murder of an associate were today (March 15) granted leave to appeal their conviction and sentence.
As a result, Kartel whose birth name is Adidja Palmer; Shawn Campbell; Kahira Jones; and Andre St John are now free to be heard in the Court of Appeal in their bid to overturn their conviction and sentence.
The men were convicted in the Home Circuit Court, in March 2014, for murdering Clive ‘Lizard’ Williams.
They were sentenced the following month to life imprisonment, with the possibility of parole after serving a period of 25 and 35 years behind bars.
The men are represented by Tom Tavares-Finson, QC, and Michael Lorne.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jamaica Could Be Producing Oil in a Few Years Says Energy Minister - March 29, 2017
- Three Records Smashed on First Day of ISSA/Grace Kennedy Boys and Girls Athletics Championships - March 29, 2017
- Tesha Miller Nabbed in The Bahamas - March 29, 2017
- Exquisite Goal By Jamaica is Number 1 in Gold Cup Video Ranking! (VIDEO) - March 28, 2017
- Advance your legal career with an online LLM Laws from the UK with the University of South Wales (USW) through UNICAF - March 28, 2017
- Over 200 Illegal Guns Seized By Police So Far This Year - March 28, 2017
- At Least 5 Sex Abuse Cases Involving Children Encountered at St Ann’s Bay Hospital Weekly Says Nurse - March 27, 2017
- Jamaica Has its Best Performance to Date at Special Olympics Winter Games - March 27, 2017
- Peter Phillips Becomes PNP President - March 26, 2017
- Popcaan & Gorillaz Track Racks Up Nearly 10 Million Views in 3 Days on YouTube - March 26, 2017