BREAKING: Kartel, 3 Co-accused Get Leave to Appeal Murder Conviction
Vybz Kartel and three co-accused in the murder of an associate were today (March 15) granted leave to appeal their conviction and sentence.
As a result, Kartel whose birth name is Adidja Palmer; Shawn Campbell; Kahira Jones; and Andre St John are now free to be heard in the Court of Appeal in their bid to overturn their conviction and sentence.
The men were convicted in the Home Circuit Court, in March 2014, for murdering Clive ‘Lizard’ Williams.
They were sentenced the following month to life imprisonment, with the possibility of parole after serving a period of 25 and 35 years behind bars.
The men are represented by Tom Tavares-Finson, QC, and Michael Lorne.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thompson Wins Women’s 100m At Birmingham Diamond League - August 20, 2017
- Upcoming Solar Eclipse Will Obscure Large View Of The Sun From Jamaica, But Protect Your Eyes! - August 20, 2017
- 10 Persons Struck By Lightning At Mystic mountain - August 19, 2017
- Tropical Storm Harvey Being Monitored By ODPEM, Met Office - August 19, 2017
- Regulations Coming For Motorcycle Sale And Use (NRSC) - August 18, 2017
- Employment In Jamaica At All-Time High - August 18, 2017
- Bolt To Miss Opportunity To Play For Manchester United Due To Injury - August 17, 2017
- Jamaican Farm Worker Dies In Tractor Roll-Over Accident In Canada - August 17, 2017
- Elaine Thompson To Compete In Diamond League This Sunday - August 17, 2017
- Businessman Killed In Sandy Bay, Clarendon - August 16, 2017