BREAKING: Kartel, 3 Co-accused Get Leave to Appeal Murder Conviction
Vybz Kartel and three co-accused in the murder of an associate were today (March 15) granted leave to appeal their conviction and sentence.
As a result, Kartel whose birth name is Adidja Palmer; Shawn Campbell; Kahira Jones; and Andre St John are now free to be heard in the Court of Appeal in their bid to overturn their conviction and sentence.
The men were convicted in the Home Circuit Court, in March 2014, for murdering Clive ‘Lizard’ Williams.
They were sentenced the following month to life imprisonment, with the possibility of parole after serving a period of 25 and 35 years behind bars.
The men are represented by Tom Tavares-Finson, QC, and Michael Lorne.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 100 People Killed In First 20 Days Of 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Primary School To Be Renamed For Veronica Campbell Brown - January 22, 2018
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018