BREAKING: Kartel, 3 Co-accused Get Leave to Appeal Murder Conviction
Vybz Kartel and three co-accused in the murder of an associate were today (March 15) granted leave to appeal their conviction and sentence.
As a result, Kartel whose birth name is Adidja Palmer; Shawn Campbell; Kahira Jones; and Andre St John are now free to be heard in the Court of Appeal in their bid to overturn their conviction and sentence.
The men were convicted in the Home Circuit Court, in March 2014, for murdering Clive ‘Lizard’ Williams.
They were sentenced the following month to life imprisonment, with the possibility of parole after serving a period of 25 and 35 years behind bars.
The men are represented by Tom Tavares-Finson, QC, and Michael Lorne.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- Munga Charged With Murder - May 28, 2017
- Elaine Thompson Finishes Third In 200m At Eugene Diamond League - May 28, 2017
- Mother, Son Killed in Hanover - May 27, 2017
- 8 Jamaican Youngsters Receive Medical Scholarships From Cuba - May 27, 2017
- Life Sentences For Jamaican-Born DC Sniper Thrown Out - May 26, 2017
- 23-Yr-Old Man Allegedly Killed By Girlfriend in St Ann - May 26, 2017
- JPS Seeks Electricity Rate Increase - May 26, 2017
- Jamaica’s Love Affair With the Mentally Tough Sport of Football - May 26, 2017
- Elaine Thompson, Dafne Schippers to Clash On Saturday - May 25, 2017
- Jamaican Man Admits to Participating in Lottery Scam Targeting Elderly Victims in the US - May 25, 2017