The Killing of Our Women
Everyone is aware of the spate of kidnappings, rapes and murders of our Jamaican women, especially the younger ones.
The gruesome images on social media force some of us to see the ordeal of their deaths.
There are persons who would like to push agendas by politicizing these crimes by saying that one party or the other is protecting the perpetrators, or some religious zealots who claim that ‘demons’ have possessed these persons.
Certainly such thinking is akin to stupidity because they refuse to see the crimes as what they are – i.e. opportunistic and/or malicious, carried out by mentally distorted minds.
Based on trends, it is probably safe to say that most of these crimes are ‘copycats’ afforded through opportunities.
Young women travelling by themselves using ‘robot taxis’ are most vulnerable, this should be a signal for concern; and there are those incidents that are allegedly set up by close friends, especially by other females.
HOW TO DEAL WITH THIS GROWING TREND?:
* All taxi stands should be patrolled by the police with only registered taxis being allowed to operate.
* Registered taxi operators and ‘loader men’ should become territorial and not allow ‘strange’ taxis in their domain.
*The public must become vigilant with the use of route taxis.
*As it relates to the ‘set up’ murders – Women be careful of your circle of friends and the places you go.
Also, there is a possibility that information being dispatched by reputable taxi services is being intercepted by unscrupulous persons and then a fake taxi is sent to abduct unsuspecting women.
A female friend of mine have had two suspicious occurrences last year from which she had to avoid.
This is real folks, don’t be stupid!
By Black Lion
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaican Reggae & Dancehall Artistes Pricing Themselves Out Of Work - November 19, 2017
- National Identification System– A Sellout By the JLP Government - November 17, 2017
- Are Jamaican Women Reckless With Sex Or In Bondage As Sex Slaves? - November 12, 2017
- ZOSO Opportunity – A New Anthem - November 4, 2017
- Can Locals Reap The Benefits Of Tourism In Jamaica? - October 24, 2017
- Out Of Many One People? The Imbalance Of Race In Jamaica - August 1, 2017
- Should Prisoners Be Allowed Conjugal Visits? - July 30, 2017
- Top Ten Reasons Why Jamaica is the Best Place for a Destination Wedding - July 27, 2017
- Jamaica Film Industry Needs Garveyism, Rastafari & Reggae - July 27, 2017
- Can We Legislate Sexual Morality? - July 24, 2017