The Killing of Our Women
Everyone is aware of the spate of kidnappings, rapes and murders of our Jamaican women, especially the younger ones.
The gruesome images on social media force some of us to see the ordeal of their deaths.
There are persons who would like to push agendas by politicizing these crimes by saying that one party or the other is protecting the perpetrators, or some religious zealots who claim that ‘demons’ have possessed these persons.
Certainly such thinking is akin to stupidity because they refuse to see the crimes as what they are – i.e. opportunistic and/or malicious, carried out by mentally distorted minds.
Based on trends, it is probably safe to say that most of these crimes are ‘copycats’ afforded through opportunities.
Young women travelling by themselves using ‘robot taxis’ are most vulnerable, this should be a signal for concern; and there are those incidents that are allegedly set up by close friends, especially by other females.
HOW TO DEAL WITH THIS GROWING TREND?:
* All taxi stands should be patrolled by the police with only registered taxis being allowed to operate.
* Registered taxi operators and ‘loader men’ should become territorial and not allow ‘strange’ taxis in their domain.
*The public must become vigilant with the use of route taxis.
*As it relates to the ‘set up’ murders – Women be careful of your circle of friends and the places you go.
Also, there is a possibility that information being dispatched by reputable taxi services is being intercepted by unscrupulous persons and then a fake taxi is sent to abduct unsuspecting women.
A female friend of mine have had two suspicious occurrences last year from which she had to avoid.
This is real folks, don’t be stupid!
By Black Lion
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- St Elizabeth – Jamaica’s “Mix Up and Blend” Parish? - March 23, 2017
- The Killing of Our Women - February 12, 2017
- Do We Really Know What’s Happening to Many of our Children? - February 5, 2017
- So What if Robert Montague’s Uncle is an Obeah Man? - January 27, 2017
- Letter to Ministers of National Security and Justice - January 21, 2017
- Why Did We Turn Down the Prison Deal? - January 17, 2017
- 7 Awesome Locations For Instagram Photos in Jamaica - December 22, 2016
- The Threat From Fake Rice to the Jamaican Consumers - December 13, 2016
- The Real Revolutionary - November 28, 2016
- The Rundown Environment of Cross Roads - November 20, 2016