The Killing of Our Women
Everyone is aware of the spate of kidnappings, rapes and murders of our Jamaican women, especially the younger ones.
The gruesome images on social media force some of us to see the ordeal of their deaths.
There are persons who would like to push agendas by politicizing these crimes by saying that one party or the other is protecting the perpetrators, or some religious zealots who claim that ‘demons’ have possessed these persons.
Certainly such thinking is akin to stupidity because they refuse to see the crimes as what they are – i.e. opportunistic and/or malicious, carried out by mentally distorted minds.
Based on trends, it is probably safe to say that most of these crimes are ‘copycats’ afforded through opportunities.
Young women travelling by themselves using ‘robot taxis’ are most vulnerable, this should be a signal for concern; and there are those incidents that are allegedly set up by close friends, especially by other females.
HOW TO DEAL WITH THIS GROWING TREND?:
* All taxi stands should be patrolled by the police with only registered taxis being allowed to operate.
* Registered taxi operators and ‘loader men’ should become territorial and not allow ‘strange’ taxis in their domain.
*The public must become vigilant with the use of route taxis.
*As it relates to the ‘set up’ murders – Women be careful of your circle of friends and the places you go.
Also, there is a possibility that information being dispatched by reputable taxi services is being intercepted by unscrupulous persons and then a fake taxi is sent to abduct unsuspecting women.
A female friend of mine have had two suspicious occurrences last year from which she had to avoid.
This is real folks, don’t be stupid!
By Black Lion
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- ‘Wukliss Babyfather’ Culture - April 23, 2018
- Jamaican Sensation Leon Bailey Target for English Premier League Giants - April 3, 2018
- Food Security A Top Priority For Jamaica - February 22, 2018
- Critical Discourse On Education – A Principal’s Perspective - February 17, 2018
- Jamaica – Amazing Pregnant Paradise Waiting To Deliver - February 4, 2018
- Soldiers Roaming the Streets - January 27, 2018
- Andrew Holness Security and Political Coup – A Stroke of Genius - January 25, 2018
- Jamaica Resting Perilously On Sinking Sandz - January 15, 2018
- ON YAH BIKE! - December 29, 2017
- Opinion: Jamaica Betrayed Israel With Abstention From Jerusalem Vote - December 28, 2017