Do We Really Know What’s Happening to Many of our Children?
A young boy came to my gate yesterday.
He had walked five miles from his home to look for WORK.
Anything. His father had left early to do the same and his mother was very ill at home.
When my mother gave him some dinner for him to eat, he asked her to please put the food into a container so that he could take it home for his sick mother.
I remember meeting a teenage boy sometime ago. He was busy spewing up his guts against a wall.
He had “gone against his nature” and provided sexual gratification to a male tourist who wanted “virgin” boys.
His mother did not ask where he got the five thousand dollars. He told her no lie. So when the money runs out, will he negotiate sales again and again until he cannot bear it any longer and hangs from a limb?
I am seriously fed up of these “do-gooders” in Jamaica. Middle class prats clinking glasses and discussing child poverty at some highfalutin conference or symposium in some posh hotel uptown.
Or convincing themselves that they are “in touch” with “marginalised” youths when they shuffle papers and produce statistics for sound bites from their air-conditioned offices.
Do we really know what is happening to many of our children and youths in Jamaica?
By Neo Makeba
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- ‘Wukliss Babyfather’ Culture - April 23, 2018
- Jamaican Sensation Leon Bailey Target for English Premier League Giants - April 3, 2018
- Food Security A Top Priority For Jamaica - February 22, 2018
- Critical Discourse On Education – A Principal’s Perspective - February 17, 2018
- Jamaica – Amazing Pregnant Paradise Waiting To Deliver - February 4, 2018
- Soldiers Roaming the Streets - January 27, 2018
- Andrew Holness Security and Political Coup – A Stroke of Genius - January 25, 2018
- Jamaica Resting Perilously On Sinking Sandz - January 15, 2018
- ON YAH BIKE! - December 29, 2017
- Opinion: Jamaica Betrayed Israel With Abstention From Jerusalem Vote - December 28, 2017