Tourists Who Survived Fatal Crash in Jamaica Sue Cruise Line
In January, 2016 eight passengers aboard the Independence of the Seas reportedly booked a day excursion to Dunn’s River Falls after the vessel docked in Falmouth.
However, while on their way back from Dunn’s River, they met in a terrible accident.
According to police reports of the incident, a Toyota Coaster bus with the visiting passengers was travelling along the Carey Park main road towards Falmouth in Trelawny, when the driver of a Freightliner motor truck travelling in the opposite direction, failed to keep left, and collided with the Coaster bus, resulting in the latter vehicle overturning.
One of the passengers, 32-year-old Crystal Glewwe, died as a result of the impact.
Prior to the deadly collision, passengers reportedly asked to slow down, but the driver replied saying that he was driving “the way everyone typically drove in Jamaica.”
In the lawsuit, the tourists claim that the Coaster driver continuously changed lanes while speeding.
The lawsuit also states that the the excursion group’s driver had a slow reaction to a vehicle that had entered their lane. Passengers say the driver didn’t get out of the way and the bus was subsequently broadsided, causing it to flip multiple times.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jamaica Could Be Producing Oil in a Few Years Says Energy Minister - March 29, 2017
- Three Records Smashed on First Day of ISSA/Grace Kennedy Boys and Girls Athletics Championships - March 29, 2017
- Tesha Miller Nabbed in The Bahamas - March 29, 2017
- Exquisite Goal By Jamaica is Number 1 in Gold Cup Video Ranking! (VIDEO) - March 28, 2017
- Advance your legal career with an online LLM Laws from the UK with the University of South Wales (USW) through UNICAF - March 28, 2017
- Over 200 Illegal Guns Seized By Police So Far This Year - March 28, 2017
- At Least 5 Sex Abuse Cases Involving Children Encountered at St Ann’s Bay Hospital Weekly Says Nurse - March 27, 2017
- Jamaica Has its Best Performance to Date at Special Olympics Winter Games - March 27, 2017
- Peter Phillips Becomes PNP President - March 26, 2017
- Popcaan & Gorillaz Track Racks Up Nearly 10 Million Views in 3 Days on YouTube - March 26, 2017