Tourists Who Survived Fatal Crash in Jamaica Sue Cruise Line
In January, 2016 eight passengers aboard the Independence of the Seas reportedly booked a day excursion to Dunn’s River Falls after the vessel docked in Falmouth.
However, while on their way back from Dunn’s River, they met in a terrible accident.
According to police reports of the incident, a Toyota Coaster bus with the visiting passengers was travelling along the Carey Park main road towards Falmouth in Trelawny, when the driver of a Freightliner motor truck travelling in the opposite direction, failed to keep left, and collided with the Coaster bus, resulting in the latter vehicle overturning.
One of the passengers, 32-year-old Crystal Glewwe, died as a result of the impact.
Prior to the deadly collision, passengers reportedly asked to slow down, but the driver replied saying that he was driving “the way everyone typically drove in Jamaica.”
In the lawsuit, the tourists claim that the Coaster driver continuously changed lanes while speeding.
The lawsuit also states that the the excursion group’s driver had a slow reaction to a vehicle that had entered their lane. Passengers say the driver didn’t get out of the way and the bus was subsequently broadsided, causing it to flip multiple times.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- How To Use The Internet For Additional Earnings - April 26, 2018
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018