Tourists Who Survived Fatal Crash in Jamaica Sue Cruise Line
In January, 2016 eight passengers aboard the Independence of the Seas reportedly booked a day excursion to Dunn’s River Falls after the vessel docked in Falmouth.
However, while on their way back from Dunn’s River, they met in a terrible accident.
According to police reports of the incident, a Toyota Coaster bus with the visiting passengers was travelling along the Carey Park main road towards Falmouth in Trelawny, when the driver of a Freightliner motor truck travelling in the opposite direction, failed to keep left, and collided with the Coaster bus, resulting in the latter vehicle overturning.
One of the passengers, 32-year-old Crystal Glewwe, died as a result of the impact.
Prior to the deadly collision, passengers reportedly asked to slow down, but the driver replied saying that he was driving “the way everyone typically drove in Jamaica.”
In the lawsuit, the tourists claim that the Coaster driver continuously changed lanes while speeding.
The lawsuit also states that the the excursion group’s driver had a slow reaction to a vehicle that had entered their lane. Passengers say the driver didn’t get out of the way and the bus was subsequently broadsided, causing it to flip multiple times.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- D&G Foundation Pumps 4.2 Million Into HEART Trust NTA Youth Development Programme - December 13, 2017
- Dancehall Artiste Mineral Boss Shot Dead In Caymanas Bay - December 13, 2017
- A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes) - December 12, 2017
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Delivers Two Assists In Leverkusen Win - December 10, 2017
- Jamaicans Driving Support Against Paediatric Cancer - December 9, 2017
- Missing US National Found - December 8, 2017
- Police Seek Public’s Help To Find Missing US National - December 7, 2017