Tourists Who Survived Fatal Crash in Jamaica Sue Cruise Line
In January, 2016 eight passengers aboard the Independence of the Seas reportedly booked a day excursion to Dunn’s River Falls after the vessel docked in Falmouth.
However, while on their way back from Dunn’s River, they met in a terrible accident.
According to police reports of the incident, a Toyota Coaster bus with the visiting passengers was travelling along the Carey Park main road towards Falmouth in Trelawny, when the driver of a Freightliner motor truck travelling in the opposite direction, failed to keep left, and collided with the Coaster bus, resulting in the latter vehicle overturning.
One of the passengers, 32-year-old Crystal Glewwe, died as a result of the impact.
Prior to the deadly collision, passengers reportedly asked to slow down, but the driver replied saying that he was driving “the way everyone typically drove in Jamaica.”
In the lawsuit, the tourists claim that the Coaster driver continuously changed lanes while speeding.
The lawsuit also states that the the excursion group’s driver had a slow reaction to a vehicle that had entered their lane. Passengers say the driver didn’t get out of the way and the bus was subsequently broadsided, causing it to flip multiple times.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- U-17 Reggae Boyz Struck By Flu-Like Infection Ahead of Must Win Mexico Clash - April 29, 2017
- Man Who Allegedly Killed Cop Dies After Shootout With Soldiers - April 29, 2017
- Breaking: Cop Killed on Constant Spring Road - April 28, 2017
- Elaine Thompson to Face Schippers Again in May - April 28, 2017
- ‘Bibi’ Writes Touching Tribute to Germaine Mason - April 27, 2017
- Jamaican Cancer Sufferer Reportedly Claims He Was Tied Up and Kicked Off British Airways Flight - April 27, 2017
- Bolt’s World-Record Berlin Runs Named Best in World Championship History - April 27, 2017
- Young Reggae Boyz Defeat El Salvador 3-1 in CONCACAF U-17 Championship - April 27, 2017
- Teenager Allegedly Commits Suicide in St James - April 26, 2017
- Eight Alleged Scammers Extradited to the United States - April 26, 2017