Tourists Who Survived Fatal Crash in Jamaica Sue Cruise Line
In January, 2016 eight passengers aboard the Independence of the Seas reportedly booked a day excursion to Dunn’s River Falls after the vessel docked in Falmouth.
However, while on their way back from Dunn’s River, they met in a terrible accident.
According to police reports of the incident, a Toyota Coaster bus with the visiting passengers was travelling along the Carey Park main road towards Falmouth in Trelawny, when the driver of a Freightliner motor truck travelling in the opposite direction, failed to keep left, and collided with the Coaster bus, resulting in the latter vehicle overturning.
One of the passengers, 32-year-old Crystal Glewwe, died as a result of the impact.
Prior to the deadly collision, passengers reportedly asked to slow down, but the driver replied saying that he was driving “the way everyone typically drove in Jamaica.”
In the lawsuit, the tourists claim that the Coaster driver continuously changed lanes while speeding.
The lawsuit also states that the the excursion group’s driver had a slow reaction to a vehicle that had entered their lane. Passengers say the driver didn’t get out of the way and the bus was subsequently broadsided, causing it to flip multiple times.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- Jamaica Recognised As Top Performing Island Economy Globally For Business Friendliness - June 28, 2017
- England, Australia Gear Up For The Ashes Series - June 27, 2017
- Elderly Man Collapses at Norman Manley Airport, Dies - June 27, 2017
- Bolt Nominated For Coveted ESPY Award - June 27, 2017
- Jamaican Dollar Continues to Revalue, May Re-enter $128 to US$1 Territory - June 26, 2017
- Omar McLeod Smashes National 110M Hurdles Record - June 25, 2017
- Substation Fire Plunges Sections of St Ann Into Darkness - June 25, 2017
- Hanover’s Most Wanted Man Killed - June 24, 2017
- Pepsi-Cola Jamaica Signs Shenseea As Brand Ambassador - June 24, 2017
- Man Afflicted By Water-Borne Disease Tests Negative For Cholera - June 24, 2017