Second Children’s Hospital Likely For Jamaica via Agreement With China
Jamaica currently has only one hospital that caters solely for children – the Bustamante Hospital in Kingston.
However an agreement between the Government of the People’s Republic of China and the Government of Jamaica could pave the way for the construction of a second hospital of its kind.
According to Loop Jamaica, after initially being proposed by the previous People’s National Party (PNP) administration, the signing for the Western Children’s Hospital is set to take place at the office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade in Kingston at 8:45 am Monday, January 9.
Minister of Health Dr Christopher Tufton is expected to deliver the main address.
Currently, the Bustamante Hospital in Kingston is the only hospital for children in Jamaica, catering to the 0-12 age cohort.
With this agreement, the Chinese Government will be responsible for the design of the project, supplying necessary construction machinery, equipment and material, among other things.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Boy Kevon Lambert Signs For Phoenix Rising FC - August 21, 2017
- Thompson Wins Women’s 100m At Birmingham Diamond League - August 20, 2017
- Upcoming Solar Eclipse Will Obscure Large View Of The Sun From Jamaica, But Protect Your Eyes! - August 20, 2017
- 10 Persons Struck By Lightning At Mystic mountain - August 19, 2017
- Tropical Storm Harvey Being Monitored By ODPEM, Met Office - August 19, 2017
- Regulations Coming For Motorcycle Sale And Use (NRSC) - August 18, 2017
- Employment In Jamaica At All-Time High - August 18, 2017
- Bolt To Miss Opportunity To Play For Manchester United Due To Injury - August 17, 2017
- Jamaican Farm Worker Dies In Tractor Roll-Over Accident In Canada - August 17, 2017
- Elaine Thompson To Compete In Diamond League This Sunday - August 17, 2017