Second Children’s Hospital Likely For Jamaica via Agreement With China
Jamaica currently has only one hospital that caters solely for children – the Bustamante Hospital in Kingston.
However an agreement between the Government of the People’s Republic of China and the Government of Jamaica could pave the way for the construction of a second hospital of its kind.
According to Loop Jamaica, after initially being proposed by the previous People’s National Party (PNP) administration, the signing for the Western Children’s Hospital is set to take place at the office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade in Kingston at 8:45 am Monday, January 9.
Minister of Health Dr Christopher Tufton is expected to deliver the main address.
Currently, the Bustamante Hospital in Kingston is the only hospital for children in Jamaica, catering to the 0-12 age cohort.
With this agreement, the Chinese Government will be responsible for the design of the project, supplying necessary construction machinery, equipment and material, among other things.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017
- Gunmen Kill Goat Farmer in St Elizabeth - October 17, 2017
- Sangster International Named Caribbean’s Leading Airport – World Travel Awards - October 15, 2017