Second Children’s Hospital Likely For Jamaica via Agreement With China
Jamaica currently has only one hospital that caters solely for children – the Bustamante Hospital in Kingston.
However an agreement between the Government of the People’s Republic of China and the Government of Jamaica could pave the way for the construction of a second hospital of its kind.
According to Loop Jamaica, after initially being proposed by the previous People’s National Party (PNP) administration, the signing for the Western Children’s Hospital is set to take place at the office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade in Kingston at 8:45 am Monday, January 9.
Minister of Health Dr Christopher Tufton is expected to deliver the main address.
Currently, the Bustamante Hospital in Kingston is the only hospital for children in Jamaica, catering to the 0-12 age cohort.
With this agreement, the Chinese Government will be responsible for the design of the project, supplying necessary construction machinery, equipment and material, among other things.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Delivers Two Assists In Leverkusen Win - December 10, 2017
- Jamaicans Driving Support Against Paediatric Cancer - December 9, 2017
- Missing US National Found - December 8, 2017
- Police Seek Public’s Help To Find Missing US National - December 7, 2017
- Ian Boyne Recuperating Following Medical Emergency, Says “I Am Grateful To God” - December 7, 2017
- US Agents Intercept Over 100 Guns, Ammo Destined For Jamaica - December 6, 2017
- Jamaican Islamic Cleric Labelled ‘Global Terrorist’ By US - December 6, 2017