Second Children’s Hospital Likely For Jamaica via Agreement With China
Jamaica currently has only one hospital that caters solely for children – the Bustamante Hospital in Kingston.
However an agreement between the Government of the People’s Republic of China and the Government of Jamaica could pave the way for the construction of a second hospital of its kind.
According to Loop Jamaica, after initially being proposed by the previous People’s National Party (PNP) administration, the signing for the Western Children’s Hospital is set to take place at the office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade in Kingston at 8:45 am Monday, January 9.
Minister of Health Dr Christopher Tufton is expected to deliver the main address.
Currently, the Bustamante Hospital in Kingston is the only hospital for children in Jamaica, catering to the 0-12 age cohort.
With this agreement, the Chinese Government will be responsible for the design of the project, supplying necessary construction machinery, equipment and material, among other things.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- Jamaica Recognised As Top Performing Island Economy Globally For Business Friendliness - June 28, 2017
- England, Australia Gear Up For The Ashes Series - June 27, 2017
- Elderly Man Collapses at Norman Manley Airport, Dies - June 27, 2017
- Bolt Nominated For Coveted ESPY Award - June 27, 2017
- Jamaican Dollar Continues to Revalue, May Re-enter $128 to US$1 Territory - June 26, 2017
- Omar McLeod Smashes National 110M Hurdles Record - June 25, 2017
- Substation Fire Plunges Sections of St Ann Into Darkness - June 25, 2017
- Hanover’s Most Wanted Man Killed - June 24, 2017
- Pepsi-Cola Jamaica Signs Shenseea As Brand Ambassador - June 24, 2017
- Man Afflicted By Water-Borne Disease Tests Negative For Cholera - June 24, 2017