Second Children’s Hospital Likely For Jamaica via Agreement With China
Jamaica currently has only one hospital that caters solely for children – the Bustamante Hospital in Kingston.
However an agreement between the Government of the People’s Republic of China and the Government of Jamaica could pave the way for the construction of a second hospital of its kind.
According to Loop Jamaica, after initially being proposed by the previous People’s National Party (PNP) administration, the signing for the Western Children’s Hospital is set to take place at the office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade in Kingston at 8:45 am Monday, January 9.
Minister of Health Dr Christopher Tufton is expected to deliver the main address.
Currently, the Bustamante Hospital in Kingston is the only hospital for children in Jamaica, catering to the 0-12 age cohort.
With this agreement, the Chinese Government will be responsible for the design of the project, supplying necessary construction machinery, equipment and material, among other things.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Breaking: Cop Killed on Constant Spring Road - April 28, 2017
- Elaine Thompson to Face Schippers Again in May - April 28, 2017
- ‘Bibi’ Writes Touching Tribute to Germaine Mason - April 27, 2017
- Jamaican Cancer Sufferer Reportedly Claims He Was Tied Up and Kicked Off British Airways Flight - April 27, 2017
- Bolt’s World-Record Berlin Runs Named Best in World Championship History - April 27, 2017
- Young Reggae Boyz Defeat El Salvador 3-1 in CONCACAF U-17 Championship - April 27, 2017
- Teenager Allegedly Commits Suicide in St James - April 26, 2017
- Eight Alleged Scammers Extradited to the United States - April 26, 2017
- US May Soon Impose Tax on Remittances to Jamaica, Other Countries in the Region - April 26, 2017
- Damage From Flood Rains to Cost Gov’t Nearly Half a Billion Dollars - April 26, 2017