PNP Councillor Michael ‘Fisher’ Edwards Reportedly Dies After Suffering Heart Attack
Chairman of the Finance Committee in the St Catherine Parish Council, and PNP councillor for Greater Portmore,Michael ‘Fisher’ Edwards reportedly died at the Spanish Town Hospital on Friday morning.
His cause of death though not confirmed is believed to be from a heart attack.
Following his untimely death, a number of persons have offered tributes to Edwards on social media.
Among those posting tributes to the late politician was senior PNP member Dr Peter Phillips who expressed his sadness at Edwards’ untimely passing.
“Our most sincere condolences to the family, relatives and friends of Councillor Michael ‘Fisher’ Edwards, who passed away unexpectedly,” Phillips said, adding, “The Portmore Municipality has lost a true champion who dedicated himself in the service of his division of Greater Portmore North. Like the people he served, we are all deeply saddened by this loss.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Delivers Two Assists In Leverkusen Win - December 10, 2017
- Jamaicans Driving Support Against Paediatric Cancer - December 9, 2017
- Missing US National Found - December 8, 2017
- Police Seek Public’s Help To Find Missing US National - December 7, 2017
- Ian Boyne Recuperating Following Medical Emergency, Says “I Am Grateful To God” - December 7, 2017
- US Agents Intercept Over 100 Guns, Ammo Destined For Jamaica - December 6, 2017
- Jamaican Islamic Cleric Labelled ‘Global Terrorist’ By US - December 6, 2017