PM Confident Crime Can Be Curbed, JDF Battalion to be Stationed in Montego Bay
Prime Minister Andrew Holness recently expressed confidence that crime, particularly murders can be kept in check.
While delivering his New Year’s message to the nation, the prime minister disclosed that security forces in western regions of Jamaica will be restructured to bolster operations and administration.
The prime minister also revealed that a Jamaica Defence Force battalion is to be stationed in Montego Bay and the Jamaica Constabulary Force’s western division will be split.
A battalion is a military unit that typically consists of 300 to 800 soldiers.
International support in technical and strategic areas from friendly countries is already being sought according to the prime minister.
However, he also stated that every Jamaican must recognize that no foreign country can solve our crime problem or sponsor a solution.
He also stated:
“We must solve our crime problem as a nation.
We are confident that this year will be the break-through year in bringing the crime monster under control while respecting the human rights of every citizen.
As a government we are prepared to use the full force of the law to address the crime problem, as it is the greatest threat to Jamaica’s prospects, progress and prosperity at this time. I call on all Jamaicans to join the national effort against crime. Information is the best weapon against the criminal. Share it wisely.”
Over 1300 persons were murdered in Jamaica in 2015.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018