PM Confident Crime Can Be Curbed, JDF Battalion to be Stationed in Montego Bay
Prime Minister Andrew Holness recently expressed confidence that crime, particularly murders can be kept in check.
While delivering his New Year’s message to the nation, the prime minister disclosed that security forces in western regions of Jamaica will be restructured to bolster operations and administration.
The prime minister also revealed that a Jamaica Defence Force battalion is to be stationed in Montego Bay and the Jamaica Constabulary Force’s western division will be split.
A battalion is a military unit that typically consists of 300 to 800 soldiers.
International support in technical and strategic areas from friendly countries is already being sought according to the prime minister.
However, he also stated that every Jamaican must recognize that no foreign country can solve our crime problem or sponsor a solution.
He also stated:
“We must solve our crime problem as a nation.
We are confident that this year will be the break-through year in bringing the crime monster under control while respecting the human rights of every citizen.
As a government we are prepared to use the full force of the law to address the crime problem, as it is the greatest threat to Jamaica’s prospects, progress and prosperity at this time. I call on all Jamaicans to join the national effort against crime. Information is the best weapon against the criminal. Share it wisely.”
Over 1300 persons were murdered in Jamaica in 2015.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- Armed Men Wearing Masks Storm Police Station in Clarendon - April 23, 2017
- Blake Upset After Men’s 4×100 Mishap at World Relays - April 23, 2017
- Soldier Suspected of Killing His Father Arrested - April 23, 2017
- Canadian Company Gets Licences to Mine For Gold, Copper in St Catherine - April 22, 2017
- Reggae Boyz to Face Peru in Friendly International - April 22, 2017
- Sports Minister Saddened by Passing of Germaine Mason - April 21, 2017
- 4 Life Sentences For Momymusk Killer - April 21, 2017
- Jamaica Records Highest Easter Weekend Road Fatalities Since 2008 – NRSC - April 20, 2017
- 30 Medals for Jamaica at Carifta Swimming Championships - April 20, 2017
- BREAKING: Jamaican High Jumper Germaine Mason Dies in Motorcycle Crash - April 20, 2017