Mother of Underage Girl in Pastor’s Statutory Rape Case Likely to be Charged
The woman, who reportedly has 11 children living in dire circumstances, is likely to face charges of child neglect, among other child abuse-related offences.
Last week, a 15-year-old who was allegedly found in a compromising position with Pastor Clarke, as well as her 13-year-old sister, were taken from the mother’s custody by the Child Development Agency (CDA) and placed in state care.
This occurred amid reports that the accused clergyman was sexually involved with more than one of the woman’s children.
Clarke, 64, of the Nazareth Moravian Church in Manchester, has been charged with having sex with the 15-year-old child.
He is under a wider probe for at least two other allegations of sexual offences involving other teenagers.
He appeared in court last Wednesday, and was offered bail in the sum of $800,000 with surety, and is to return to court in February.
The allegations against him were that on December 28, police officers on patrol in a rural district in St Elizabeth noticed a parked car. Upon investigating, they found the pastor in what has been described as a compromising position with the teen girl inside the vehicle.
Pastor Clarke was arrested and charged with statutory rape of the minor.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica By Bike Returns With Kingston To Negril Charity Ride - September 20, 2017
- Cop Killed By Gunmen At His Home In St Catherine - September 20, 2017
- Category 5 Hurricane Maria Leaves “Widespread Devastation” In Dominica, Continues To Rip Through Caribbean - September 19, 2017
- Minor Earthquake Rattles Several Parishes - September 18, 2017
- Hurricane Maria Approaches Caribbean, Expected To Strengthen Rapidly - September 18, 2017
- Thousands Of Jamaicans Among ‘Dreamers’ In The US - September 17, 2017
- New JFF Boss Elected - September 17, 2017
- World’s Oldest Person – Jamaica’s Violet Moss-Brown Dies At 117 - September 16, 2017
- Jamaican Banana/Plantain Farmers Achieve GlobalG.A.P. Certification - September 15, 2017
- More Reggae Boyz To Ply Trade In Europe - September 15, 2017