Mother of Underage Girl in Pastor’s Statutory Rape Case Likely to be Charged
The woman, who reportedly has 11 children living in dire circumstances, is likely to face charges of child neglect, among other child abuse-related offences.
Last week, a 15-year-old who was allegedly found in a compromising position with Pastor Clarke, as well as her 13-year-old sister, were taken from the mother’s custody by the Child Development Agency (CDA) and placed in state care.
This occurred amid reports that the accused clergyman was sexually involved with more than one of the woman’s children.
Clarke, 64, of the Nazareth Moravian Church in Manchester, has been charged with having sex with the 15-year-old child.
He is under a wider probe for at least two other allegations of sexual offences involving other teenagers.
He appeared in court last Wednesday, and was offered bail in the sum of $800,000 with surety, and is to return to court in February.
The allegations against him were that on December 28, police officers on patrol in a rural district in St Elizabeth noticed a parked car. Upon investigating, they found the pastor in what has been described as a compromising position with the teen girl inside the vehicle.
Pastor Clarke was arrested and charged with statutory rape of the minor.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 100 People Killed In First 20 Days Of 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Primary School To Be Renamed For Veronica Campbell Brown - January 22, 2018
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018