Mother of Underage Girl in Pastor’s Statutory Rape Case Likely to be Charged
The woman, who reportedly has 11 children living in dire circumstances, is likely to face charges of child neglect, among other child abuse-related offences.
Last week, a 15-year-old who was allegedly found in a compromising position with Pastor Clarke, as well as her 13-year-old sister, were taken from the mother’s custody by the Child Development Agency (CDA) and placed in state care.
This occurred amid reports that the accused clergyman was sexually involved with more than one of the woman’s children.
Clarke, 64, of the Nazareth Moravian Church in Manchester, has been charged with having sex with the 15-year-old child.
He is under a wider probe for at least two other allegations of sexual offences involving other teenagers.
He appeared in court last Wednesday, and was offered bail in the sum of $800,000 with surety, and is to return to court in February.
The allegations against him were that on December 28, police officers on patrol in a rural district in St Elizabeth noticed a parked car. Upon investigating, they found the pastor in what has been described as a compromising position with the teen girl inside the vehicle.
Pastor Clarke was arrested and charged with statutory rape of the minor.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Breaking: Cop Killed on Constant Spring Road - April 28, 2017
- Elaine Thompson to Face Schippers Again in May - April 28, 2017
- ‘Bibi’ Writes Touching Tribute to Germaine Mason - April 27, 2017
- Jamaican Cancer Sufferer Reportedly Claims He Was Tied Up and Kicked Off British Airways Flight - April 27, 2017
- Bolt’s World-Record Berlin Runs Named Best in World Championship History - April 27, 2017
- Young Reggae Boyz Defeat El Salvador 3-1 in CONCACAF U-17 Championship - April 27, 2017
- Teenager Allegedly Commits Suicide in St James - April 26, 2017
- Eight Alleged Scammers Extradited to the United States - April 26, 2017
- US May Soon Impose Tax on Remittances to Jamaica, Other Countries in the Region - April 26, 2017
- Damage From Flood Rains to Cost Gov’t Nearly Half a Billion Dollars - April 26, 2017