Man Accused of Killing US Missionaries Escapes Police Custody
He is 25-year-old Dwight Henry, otherwise called ‘Dougie’ of Wentworth, Port Maria in St Mary.
Details regarding Henry’s escape are sketchy, however police with the assistance of the Jamaica Defence Force are reportedly actively searching for Henry.
Henry was charged along with 25-year-old Andre Thomas of Port Maria, both of St Mary, for the murders of the US missionaries – 48-year-old Randy Hentzel, and 53-year-old Harold Nichols.
The murder case against Henry and Thomas was set to be mentioned in January, while a hearing in the case was set for February 17 in the St Mary Parish Court.
The missionaries – Randy Hentzel and Harold Nichols of US outreach group, TEAMS for Medical Missions, were found dead in Albion Mountain district in St Mary on Saturday, April 30 and Sunday, May 1, respectively.
Hentzel’s body was discovered face down with his hands bound and Nichols’ body was found with his head bashed in.
Autopsies later revealed that Hentzel died of a gunshot wound while Nichols had a gunshot and chop wounds.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- Armed Men Wearing Masks Storm Police Station in Clarendon - April 23, 2017
- Blake Upset After Men’s 4×100 Mishap at World Relays - April 23, 2017
- Soldier Suspected of Killing His Father Arrested - April 23, 2017
- Canadian Company Gets Licences to Mine For Gold, Copper in St Catherine - April 22, 2017
- Reggae Boyz to Face Peru in Friendly International - April 22, 2017
- Sports Minister Saddened by Passing of Germaine Mason - April 21, 2017
- 4 Life Sentences For Momymusk Killer - April 21, 2017
- Jamaica Records Highest Easter Weekend Road Fatalities Since 2008 – NRSC - April 20, 2017
- 30 Medals for Jamaica at Carifta Swimming Championships - April 20, 2017
- BREAKING: Jamaican High Jumper Germaine Mason Dies in Motorcycle Crash - April 20, 2017