Man Accused of Killing US Missionaries Escapes Police Custody
He is 25-year-old Dwight Henry, otherwise called ‘Dougie’ of Wentworth, Port Maria in St Mary.
Details regarding Henry’s escape are sketchy, however police with the assistance of the Jamaica Defence Force are reportedly actively searching for Henry.
Henry was charged along with 25-year-old Andre Thomas of Port Maria, both of St Mary, for the murders of the US missionaries – 48-year-old Randy Hentzel, and 53-year-old Harold Nichols.
The murder case against Henry and Thomas was set to be mentioned in January, while a hearing in the case was set for February 17 in the St Mary Parish Court.
The missionaries – Randy Hentzel and Harold Nichols of US outreach group, TEAMS for Medical Missions, were found dead in Albion Mountain district in St Mary on Saturday, April 30 and Sunday, May 1, respectively.
Hentzel’s body was discovered face down with his hands bound and Nichols’ body was found with his head bashed in.
Autopsies later revealed that Hentzel died of a gunshot wound while Nichols had a gunshot and chop wounds.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Most Wanted ‘Duppy Film’ Reportedly Killed By Police In St Thomas - September 24, 2017
- Miss Jamaica World 2017 Crowned - September 24, 2017
- US To Assist With Probe Into Tourist’s Death - September 23, 2017
- Autopsy On Medical Doctor’s Body To Be Conducted Today - September 22, 2017
- NCU Student Wins Full Tuition In Red Stripe ‘Drink Right’ App Design Competition - September 21, 2017
- Jamaican Model Gabrielle Davis Joins Cast Of VH1’s Love & Hip Hop: Miami - September 21, 2017
- Jamaica By Bike Returns With Kingston To Negril Charity Ride - September 20, 2017
- Cop Killed By Gunmen At His Home In St Catherine - September 20, 2017
- Category 5 Hurricane Maria Leaves “Widespread Devastation” In Dominica, Continues To Rip Through Caribbean - September 19, 2017
- Minor Earthquake Rattles Several Parishes - September 18, 2017