Man Accused of Killing US Missionaries Escapes Police Custody
He is 25-year-old Dwight Henry, otherwise called ‘Dougie’ of Wentworth, Port Maria in St Mary.
Details regarding Henry’s escape are sketchy, however police with the assistance of the Jamaica Defence Force are reportedly actively searching for Henry.
Henry was charged along with 25-year-old Andre Thomas of Port Maria, both of St Mary, for the murders of the US missionaries – 48-year-old Randy Hentzel, and 53-year-old Harold Nichols.
The murder case against Henry and Thomas was set to be mentioned in January, while a hearing in the case was set for February 17 in the St Mary Parish Court.
The missionaries – Randy Hentzel and Harold Nichols of US outreach group, TEAMS for Medical Missions, were found dead in Albion Mountain district in St Mary on Saturday, April 30 and Sunday, May 1, respectively.
Hentzel’s body was discovered face down with his hands bound and Nichols’ body was found with his head bashed in.
Autopsies later revealed that Hentzel died of a gunshot wound while Nichols had a gunshot and chop wounds.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Munga Charged With Murder - May 28, 2017
- Elaine Thompson Finishes Third In 200m At Eugene Diamond League - May 28, 2017
- Mother, Son Killed in Hanover - May 27, 2017
- 8 Jamaican Youngsters Receive Medical Scholarships From Cuba - May 27, 2017
- Life Sentences For Jamaican-Born DC Sniper Thrown Out - May 26, 2017
- 23-Yr-Old Man Allegedly Killed By Girlfriend in St Ann - May 26, 2017
- JPS Seeks Electricity Rate Increase - May 26, 2017
- Jamaica’s Love Affair With the Mentally Tough Sport of Football - May 26, 2017
- Elaine Thompson, Dafne Schippers to Clash On Saturday - May 25, 2017
- Jamaican Man Admits to Participating in Lottery Scam Targeting Elderly Victims in the US - May 25, 2017