Kingston Included in New York Times’ List of ‘Best Places to Go in 2017’
Jamaica’s capital – Kingston has been named in a list of the 52 Best Places to Go in 2017 by the New York Times (NYT).
Sitting at number 24, Kingston is the only Caribbean location to make the list with the exception of Northwest Puerto Rico at number 29.
Here’s how the NYT described Kingston:
“The capital of Jamaica furthers its case as cultural destination, not just a stopover to the beach. Stay at the Courtyard by Marriott, Kingston’s first new hotel in over a decade, or the SoHo-style Spanish Court Hotel, which has added a second pool, and will open its Montego Bay branch in the summer. Eat like an Olympic legend at Usain Bolt’s restaurant Tracks & Records, or get all things jerk at the latest hot spot Chateau 7 Gourmet Jerk Centre. Take in old-school reggae at the One World Ska and Rocksteady Music Festival, launched this November; at the newly opened Peter Tosh Museum, honoring the former Wailer; or at one of the dub music parties debuting around the city. And if you still want beach, hop on the freshly completed North-South Highway and arrive in Ocho Rios in under two hours.”
The top five locations on the list are: 1.Canada, 2. Atacama Desert, Chile 3. Agra, India 4. Zermatt, Switzerland and Botswana.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Delivers Two Assists In Leverkusen Win - December 10, 2017
- Jamaicans Driving Support Against Paediatric Cancer - December 9, 2017
- Missing US National Found - December 8, 2017
- Police Seek Public’s Help To Find Missing US National - December 7, 2017
- Ian Boyne Recuperating Following Medical Emergency, Says “I Am Grateful To God” - December 7, 2017
- US Agents Intercept Over 100 Guns, Ammo Destined For Jamaica - December 6, 2017
- Jamaican Islamic Cleric Labelled ‘Global Terrorist’ By US - December 6, 2017