Kingston Included in New York Times’ List of ‘Best Places to Go in 2017’
Jamaica’s capital – Kingston has been named in a list of the 52 Best Places to Go in 2017 by the New York Times (NYT).
Sitting at number 24, Kingston is the only Caribbean location to make the list with the exception of Northwest Puerto Rico at number 29.
Here’s how the NYT described Kingston:
“The capital of Jamaica furthers its case as cultural destination, not just a stopover to the beach. Stay at the Courtyard by Marriott, Kingston’s first new hotel in over a decade, or the SoHo-style Spanish Court Hotel, which has added a second pool, and will open its Montego Bay branch in the summer. Eat like an Olympic legend at Usain Bolt’s restaurant Tracks & Records, or get all things jerk at the latest hot spot Chateau 7 Gourmet Jerk Centre. Take in old-school reggae at the One World Ska and Rocksteady Music Festival, launched this November; at the newly opened Peter Tosh Museum, honoring the former Wailer; or at one of the dub music parties debuting around the city. And if you still want beach, hop on the freshly completed North-South Highway and arrive in Ocho Rios in under two hours.”
The top five locations on the list are: 1.Canada, 2. Atacama Desert, Chile 3. Agra, India 4. Zermatt, Switzerland and Botswana.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017
- Gunmen Kill Goat Farmer in St Elizabeth - October 17, 2017
- Sangster International Named Caribbean’s Leading Airport – World Travel Awards - October 15, 2017
- Jamaican Dollar Revalues Against US Greenback - October 14, 2017