Jamaican-American Lawyer Sworn in as California Senator
Kamala Harris, an attorney at law who has Jamaican roots, was recently sworn in as California’s newest senator.
On Tuesday (November 8, 2016 ), California voters elected Kamala Harris, to the US Senate, breaking a colour barrier that has stood for as long as California statehood.
Harris, who has a Jamaican father and an Indian mother has now become the first black politician in history to represent California in the Senate and only the second black woman in the nation’s history to serve in Congress’ upper chamber.
She soundly beat her rival – fellow Democrat Loretta Sanchez for the open Senate seat.
Harris was officially sworn in on January 3 in front of family and friends.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018