Clubs Clamber for Jamaican Teenager
£20m-rated Bailey is wanted man in English top flight
Leon Bailey, the 19-year-old Kingston-born soccer ace, is being lined up for a move to England from Belgium. Despite having yet to win a full cap for Jamaica, but having represented the Under 21 side, the whizzy winger appears destined for the big time soon.
Top teams in England – such as Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United – have been monitoring the Genk star. However, the quartet have a reputation for snatching the cream of top talent then loaning them out. But Premier League strugglers Hull City are the latest club to try to tempt Bailey to ply his trade away from the Belgian top flight. However, their value of the talented teenager is around half of the £20m that Genk want for their wonderkid.
New Hull City manager Marco Silva is keen to rush a deal through before Tuesday’s transfer deadline, although it is not just English clubs eyeing up Bailey with Italian and Spanish giants also biting at the bit to land him.
Bailey, who scooped the prestigious Best Young Player award in Belgium last season, will no doubt be advised to wait for a leading side to come in as he should be aiming to move to a club that can offer European football.
Although he has been playing in the Europa League with Genk, his next goal will no doubt be the Champions League. So a deal to England seems unlikely with AS Roma and Napoli a more attractive proposition for the 19-year-old.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Ex-Reggae Boyz Ace Helps Manchester City Win Premier League Title - April 15, 2018
- Whitmore Back As Reggae Boyz Head Coach! - April 13, 2018
- JFF Want Another Shot With Whitmore - April 11, 2018
- Whitmore Resigns As Jamaica Head Coach - April 7, 2018
- Jamaica Get Second Shot To Beat Antigua & Barbuda - March 28, 2018
- Jaded Jamaica Held At Home By Antigua & Barbuda - March 26, 2018
- Jamaica Prepare For Future By Bringing In Overseas-Based Players - March 23, 2018
- Resilient Reggae Boyz Hold World Cup-Bound South Korea - January 30, 2018
- Bailey’s Stunner Reminds Jamaica What They Need - January 29, 2018
- Knight Saves Reggae Boyz Against Romanian Top-Tier Team - January 28, 2018