Clubs Clamber for Jamaican Teenager
£20m-rated Bailey is wanted man in English top flight
Leon Bailey, the 19-year-old Kingston-born soccer ace, is being lined up for a move to England from Belgium. Despite having yet to win a full cap for Jamaica, but having represented the Under 21 side, the whizzy winger appears destined for the big time soon.
Top teams in England – such as Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United – have been monitoring the Genk star. However, the quartet have a reputation for snatching the cream of top talent then loaning them out. But Premier League strugglers Hull City are the latest club to try to tempt Bailey to ply his trade away from the Belgian top flight. However, their value of the talented teenager is around half of the £20m that Genk want for their wonderkid.
New Hull City manager Marco Silva is keen to rush a deal through before Tuesday’s transfer deadline, although it is not just English clubs eyeing up Bailey with Italian and Spanish giants also biting at the bit to land him.
Bailey, who scooped the prestigious Best Young Player award in Belgium last season, will no doubt be advised to wait for a leading side to come in as he should be aiming to move to a club that can offer European football.
Although he has been playing in the Europa League with Genk, his next goal will no doubt be the Champions League. So a deal to England seems unlikely with AS Roma and Napoli a more attractive proposition for the 19-year-old.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Captain Morgan Could Leave Leicester For Promoted Geordies - May 17, 2017
- Wes Morgan Becomes First Jamaican International to Score a Champions League Goal - March 14, 2017
- Honduras 0 Jamaica 1 – Whitmore’s Sprinkling of Locals Stun Honduras - February 17, 2017
- Whitmore’s Troops Prepare for Battle in Texas - February 15, 2017
- Ex-Jamaica Skipper Speaks Out Over Dilemma for English Champions - February 13, 2017
- USA Break Down Resilient Reggae Boyz - February 4, 2017
- Whitmore Hand Locals a chance with Friendlies in USA - February 2, 2017
- Jamaican Wonderkid signs for German Giants! - January 30, 2017
- Jamaica Favourites to Retain Caribbean Cup in Martinique - January 25, 2017
- Clubs Clamber for Jamaican Teenager - January 25, 2017