Four Killed in St James on Christmas Day Likely Victims of Mistaken Identity – Police
Police are of the suspicion that the five individuals who were shot, four fatally in Norwood, St James on Christmas Day were not the intended targets of the brazen attackers.
The deceased have been identified as 27-year-old Monique Woolery of Llandilo, Westmoreland and 5th Avenue, Montego Hills, 30-year-old Jason Anderson of Nelly Lane, 39-year-old Leo Mitchell otherwise called ‘Fire’ of Columbus Square, Norwood and 43-year-old, Yorken Silvera of Norwood, St. James.
A 16-year-old girl was also shot and wounded during the attack.
Montego Bay police say that at approximately 7:30 p.m., Woolery and a male companion were walking along Nelly Lane when a white motorcar approached.
Armed men then exited the vehicle and proceeded to start shooting at the couple, who ran into a nearby shop to take cover.
The men continued firing at the shop and Woolery and four other persons were shot and wounded.
The wounded persons were carried to the hospital where Woolery, Anderson, Mitchell and Silvera were pronounced dead, while a 16-year- old girl was treated and released for non-life threatening injuries.
Woolery’s male companion reportedly escaped without physical injury.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017
- Gunmen Kill Goat Farmer in St Elizabeth - October 17, 2017
- Sangster International Named Caribbean’s Leading Airport – World Travel Awards - October 15, 2017