Four Killed in St James on Christmas Day Likely Victims of Mistaken Identity – Police
Police are of the suspicion that the five individuals who were shot, four fatally in Norwood, St James on Christmas Day were not the intended targets of the brazen attackers.
The deceased have been identified as 27-year-old Monique Woolery of Llandilo, Westmoreland and 5th Avenue, Montego Hills, 30-year-old Jason Anderson of Nelly Lane, 39-year-old Leo Mitchell otherwise called ‘Fire’ of Columbus Square, Norwood and 43-year-old, Yorken Silvera of Norwood, St. James.
A 16-year-old girl was also shot and wounded during the attack.
Montego Bay police say that at approximately 7:30 p.m., Woolery and a male companion were walking along Nelly Lane when a white motorcar approached.
Armed men then exited the vehicle and proceeded to start shooting at the couple, who ran into a nearby shop to take cover.
The men continued firing at the shop and Woolery and four other persons were shot and wounded.
The wounded persons were carried to the hospital where Woolery, Anderson, Mitchell and Silvera were pronounced dead, while a 16-year- old girl was treated and released for non-life threatening injuries.
Woolery’s male companion reportedly escaped without physical injury.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Ninjaman To Be Sentenced Next Monday - December 16, 2017
- Hyundai Motor Launches “Be There With Hyundai” Fan Competition for 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ - December 15, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch Discontinued For Northern Parishes - December 15, 2017
- Chelsea Reportedly Eager To Sign Jamaican Football Star Leon Bailey - December 14, 2017
- D&G Foundation Pumps 4.2 Million Into HEART Trust NTA Youth Development Programme - December 13, 2017
- Dancehall Artiste Mineral Boss Shot Dead In Caymanas Bay - December 13, 2017
- A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes) - December 12, 2017
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017