Four Killed in St James on Christmas Day Likely Victims of Mistaken Identity – Police
Police are of the suspicion that the five individuals who were shot, four fatally in Norwood, St James on Christmas Day were not the intended targets of the brazen attackers.
The deceased have been identified as 27-year-old Monique Woolery of Llandilo, Westmoreland and 5th Avenue, Montego Hills, 30-year-old Jason Anderson of Nelly Lane, 39-year-old Leo Mitchell otherwise called ‘Fire’ of Columbus Square, Norwood and 43-year-old, Yorken Silvera of Norwood, St. James.
A 16-year-old girl was also shot and wounded during the attack.
Montego Bay police say that at approximately 7:30 p.m., Woolery and a male companion were walking along Nelly Lane when a white motorcar approached.
Armed men then exited the vehicle and proceeded to start shooting at the couple, who ran into a nearby shop to take cover.
The men continued firing at the shop and Woolery and four other persons were shot and wounded.
The wounded persons were carried to the hospital where Woolery, Anderson, Mitchell and Silvera were pronounced dead, while a 16-year- old girl was treated and released for non-life threatening injuries.
Woolery’s male companion reportedly escaped without physical injury.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- Breaking: Cop Killed on Constant Spring Road - April 28, 2017
- Elaine Thompson to Face Schippers Again in May - April 28, 2017
- ‘Bibi’ Writes Touching Tribute to Germaine Mason - April 27, 2017
- Jamaican Cancer Sufferer Reportedly Claims He Was Tied Up and Kicked Off British Airways Flight - April 27, 2017
- Bolt’s World-Record Berlin Runs Named Best in World Championship History - April 27, 2017
- Young Reggae Boyz Defeat El Salvador 3-1 in CONCACAF U-17 Championship - April 27, 2017
- Teenager Allegedly Commits Suicide in St James - April 26, 2017
- Eight Alleged Scammers Extradited to the United States - April 26, 2017
- US May Soon Impose Tax on Remittances to Jamaica, Other Countries in the Region - April 26, 2017
- Damage From Flood Rains to Cost Gov’t Nearly Half a Billion Dollars - April 26, 2017