Disabled Woman Raped and Killed in St Ann, Suspect in Custody
Police have revealed that the 35-year-old woman who was found dead at her home in Higgin Town, St Ann earlier this week was also raped.
Area Two police, Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Fitz Bailey, has also confirmed that a suspect has been taken into custody in relation to the gruesome killing.
The victim, identified as Terry Bowen of Higgin Town, suffered from Down syndrome.
Down syndrome (DS), also called Trisomy 21, is a condition in which a person is born with an extra chromosome. … With Down syndrome, the extra chromosome causes delays in the way a person develops, mentally and physically.
According to ACP Bailey, at approximately 10:30 am, Bowen’s body was discovered in a one room dwelling that was under construction. Her body had numerous stab wounds.
Several persons have been utilising social media to express disbelief and outrage at the horrific killing.
On Wednesday, Member of Parliament for South East St Ann, Lisa Hanna made the following post via Facebook:
However, police do not believe the two incidents are related.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica Represented In IDB Development Work - May 26, 2018
- Reggae Boyz Fall Out Of Top 50 In Latest FIFA Rankings - May 26, 2018
- Sean Paul Announces Death Of His Father - May 25, 2018
- Ananda Alert Issued For Missing St Ann Teen - May 24, 2018
- Street Team Win ‘Clash 13’ Of Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Competition - May 23, 2018
- Ignite IGL Foundation Brings Cheer To Riverton Meadows Early Childhood Centre - May 22, 2018
- Gasoline Retailers Express Concern As Fuel Prices Rise - May 22, 2018
- Security Forces Seize Masks, Firearms In Westmoreland - May 21, 2018
- Gov’t Considers Increasing Ethanol Percentage In Petrol - May 20, 2018
- Bayern Munich Reportedly Make €60 Million Offer For Jamaican Winger Leon Bailey - May 19, 2018