Disabled Woman Raped and Killed in St Ann, Suspect in Custody
Police have revealed that the 35-year-old woman who was found dead at her home in Higgin Town, St Ann earlier this week was also raped.
Area Two police, Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Fitz Bailey, has also confirmed that a suspect has been taken into custody in relation to the gruesome killing.
The victim, identified as Terry Bowen of Higgin Town, suffered from Down syndrome.
Down syndrome (DS), also called Trisomy 21, is a condition in which a person is born with an extra chromosome. … With Down syndrome, the extra chromosome causes delays in the way a person develops, mentally and physically.
According to ACP Bailey, at approximately 10:30 am, Bowen’s body was discovered in a one room dwelling that was under construction. Her body had numerous stab wounds.
Several persons have been utilising social media to express disbelief and outrage at the horrific killing.
On Wednesday, Member of Parliament for South East St Ann, Lisa Hanna made the following post via Facebook:
However, police do not believe the two incidents are related.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Ninjaman To Be Sentenced Next Monday - December 16, 2017
- Hyundai Motor Launches “Be There With Hyundai” Fan Competition for 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ - December 15, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch Discontinued For Northern Parishes - December 15, 2017
- Chelsea Reportedly Eager To Sign Jamaican Football Star Leon Bailey - December 14, 2017
- D&G Foundation Pumps 4.2 Million Into HEART Trust NTA Youth Development Programme - December 13, 2017
- Dancehall Artiste Mineral Boss Shot Dead In Caymanas Bay - December 13, 2017
- A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes) - December 12, 2017
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017