Disabled Woman Raped and Killed in St Ann, Suspect in Custody
Police have revealed that the 35-year-old woman who was found dead at her home in Higgin Town, St Ann earlier this week was also raped.
Area Two police, Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Fitz Bailey, has also confirmed that a suspect has been taken into custody in relation to the gruesome killing.
The victim, identified as Terry Bowen of Higgin Town, suffered from Down syndrome.
Down syndrome (DS), also called Trisomy 21, is a condition in which a person is born with an extra chromosome. … With Down syndrome, the extra chromosome causes delays in the way a person develops, mentally and physically.
According to ACP Bailey, at approximately 10:30 am, Bowen’s body was discovered in a one room dwelling that was under construction. Her body had numerous stab wounds.
Several persons have been utilising social media to express disbelief and outrage at the horrific killing.
On Wednesday, Member of Parliament for South East St Ann, Lisa Hanna made the following post via Facebook:
However, police do not believe the two incidents are related.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Getting De-Inked: Why Jamaicans Are Rethinking Their Tattoos - March 20, 2018
- Jay Z, Beyonce Visit Jamaica - March 20, 2018
- State Of Public Emergency Declared In St. Catherine North Police Division - March 19, 2018
- Plans In Place To Make Port Royal Jamaica’s Next Big Cruise Destination - March 18, 2018
- Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University - March 17, 2018
- Police Seize Over 1000 Rounds Of Assorted Ammunition In Cemetery – JCF - March 16, 2018
- Lisa Hanna – “Trump’s Tariffs Could Hurt Jamaica Badly!” - March 15, 2018
- 20 Million Streams On Spotify For Devin Di Dakta - March 15, 2018
- Jamaican Artiste Sues Miley Cyrus For US$300 Million Over ‘We Can’t Stop’ - March 14, 2018
- US$500 Round Trip Flights From Jamaica To Germany Now Being Offered - March 14, 2018