Bolt to Train With German Football Club Borussia Dortmund
World’s fastest man links with Bundesliga Team
Jamaica’s Usain Bolt has expressed his desire to play football professionally several times in recent years.
And it now appears that the world’s fastest man is making the necessary moves to facilitate the realisation of that dream.
The German Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund has now confirmed that the 9-time Olympic gold medallist is scheduled to train with the team.
It appears that one of Bolt’s major sponsors – the apparel giant Puma was instrumental in the linkup.
Dortmund’s chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke told Kicker magazine on Sunday that “it was no joke” and “not a marketing move.”
Bolt and Dortmund are both sponsored by Puma whose president – according to The Guardian contacted Dortmund to say that Bolt had asked about training with the team.
Dortmund currently sits in 5th place in the Bundesliga.
The team has won eight German championships, three DFB-Pokals, five DFL-Supercups, one UEFA Champions League, one UEFA Cup Winners’ Cup, and one Intercontinental Cup.
Bolt shows off football skills:
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- U-17 Reggae Girlz Out Of Contention For Women’s World Cup - October 23, 2017
- Bloody Weekend Sees Seven Killed In St James - October 22, 2017
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017