Jamaican Lives Matter
Some of us migrate and rarely pay attention to what goes on back home.
We’ve detached from our homeland, and what happens there is of no concern to us.
We have some domestic terrorists among our people and I am appalled that the Jamaican community on social media aren’t calling on our government to step in.
Some of us right here in the U.S. come on social media daily advocating “black lives matter”.
While black lives should matter in the U.S., I believe that it should also matter and apply to our own people back in our homeland, and we should raise our voices for them.
We live in a world where social media is one of the most powerful tool, a world where hashtags exist.
I saw a disturbing video on fa book today. Gunmen invaded and torched a premises in Spanish Town. The victims are all females. Five burned to death and two escaped with gunshot wounds.
The two who survived are a fourteen year old girl and a woman in her twenties. That’s a total of 7 people, 5 dead. I can only imagine the fear that residents must feel after witnessing such tragedy; so barbaric. This is not the first time. The Bloomfield family suffered the same fate just months ago.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Jamaica needs to take this crime problem seriously. Jamaican lives are as good as any one else’s and we should not turn the other cheek while terrorists roam free among our people and kill our children.
The prime minister needs to bring forth his “crime plan” like he promised the Jamaican people, and execute it immediately. The honeymoon phase is over.
By Natalee Stack
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Import Wisely – Don’t Blame The Customs Officers! - October 13, 2017
- “Machete Mom” Is A Demonstration Of A Larger Problem In Jamaica - October 4, 2017
- What Role Are Women In Jamaica Playing To Help Stem Violence Against Them? - August 23, 2017
- Why are Jamaicans so Accepting of Barbaric Behaviour? - February 3, 2017
- Jamaicans Need a Culture Change about Paedophilia - January 11, 2017
- The Prime Minister’s Approach is the Right One - January 3, 2017
- Colourism - December 7, 2016
- Jamaican Lives Matter - October 11, 2016
- Where are the Women’s Advocates in Jamaica? - May 29, 2016
- Real Women Don’t Try to Bring Other Women Down - April 5, 2016