St George’s College Footballer Dies on Pitch
It is suspected that James had a seizure, after he fell to the ground in the opening minutes of the encounter.
After he collapsed, players promptly motioned for him to receive assistance, however he never regained consciousness and was rushed to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Inter-Secondary School Sports Association (ISSA) competition’s director, George Forbes says the organisation is saddened by the death.
Forbes said, “ISSA is saddened by the untimely death of young Dominic James. We haven’t gotten all the details surrounding the death, but our condolences to his family, the whole St George’s College family and friends of James.”
“Captain Horace Burrell, President of the Jamaica Football Federation, also offered condolences to the family of James via social media stating:
President of the Jamaica Football Federation, Captain Horace Burrell wishes to express the deepest condolences to the family of player Dominic James who passed today during a Manning Cup fixture.
Other than his representation at the school and club level, Dominic was just this year a part of the National Under 20 training camp and was a player and leader highly respected.
Captain Burrell expresses sympathies to the St. Georges College fraternity; the ISSA family and all those who played with and knew this talented son of Jamaica, GONE TOO SOON.”
Source: Loop Jamaica
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019
- Ruffi Drops Hot New Single “Pressure” - January 28, 2019
- Home With Breathtaking Sea View For Sale In Oracabessa - January 26, 2019