Sweet Water of Silver Spring
Sweet water of Silver Spring, oh what soft soothing pleasures you bring
To my eyes my ears my thirsty lips
My tongue so long to taste your flowing delight.
While skins touches your smooth cascades beneath the soft shadows of night.
Your slender Arms hug the neck of Athlone way over on the left,
Whilst George Town’s high hills caress your breast
Yet your cool clear waters bubble and constantly flow.
Where do you come from they asked, and where do you hasten to go
No one has ever answered, nobody seems to know.
Young ladies fear washing their hair, bending beneath your crystal flow
Shadowed curtains around them drawn, be it at nightfall or at early dawn
Chattering women washing their load.
On rocks smooth surfaces by the side of the road.
Valiant young men await their turn.
Sit on the culvert’s edge as they discover and as they learn.
Just one short leg away from hip to toe.
You burst up from the ground and hurry to go
By lush green trees while bending low.
They salute and bows in reverent show
Sumptuous, refreshing, sugary Sweet water of my unassuming Silver Spring
You wind your way over rocks and river Moss all live long day
Until you pour out of your glad waters, into the anxious jaws of Rio Sambre.
By E. L. Kelly. Feb 2016
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Top 5 Celebrity Poker Players - November 15, 2018
- Prime Land For Sale In Plantation Village St Ann - November 7, 2018
- A-League Is Ready For The Bolt - October 8, 2018
- A Discussion On Jamaican Football - September 23, 2018
- Microsoft MCSA Dynamics 365 – Passing The MB2-716 Exam - August 28, 2018
- Do Something For Our Currency Mr Prime Minister - August 15, 2018
- An Awakening: JLP And PNP Taking Small But Necessary Actions To Defeat The Jamaican Crime Monster - July 27, 2018
- Will Andrew Holness End The Demeaning, Entrenched Garrisons In Modern Day, Independent Jamaica? - July 23, 2018
- ILL ADVISED POLITICAL CONSULTANTS: Saboteurs of Jamaica’s Development? - July 10, 2018
- Lives Ruined By Empty Promises From Rich, Callous, Greedy Politicians - July 5, 2018