Jamaica is An Extraordinarily Violent Country Says CNN Anchor After Murder of US Missionaries
The recent murder of two American missionaries in Jamaica has once again cast a negative light on the Jamaica on an international level.
The bodies of both deceased missionaries – 48-year-old Randy Hentzel and 53-year-old Harold Nichols were recently discovered in St. Mary with indications that the men suffered a gruesome death.
After news of the men’s demise became widespread, one CNN News anchor reportedly stated:
“It’s astounding to think that a lot of people think that Jamaica is a paradise but it is an extraordinarily violent country with a remarkable murder rate,“
The men were working to help build homes for the poor.
Nichols reportedly had a 14 year relationship with Jamaica oftentimes being referred to as a “Jamerican”.
Several persons have chimed in on various social media platforms to voice their opinions on the remarks made by the CNN anchor.
Some have echoed her sentiments while others have expressed outrage.
How do you feel about her comments regarding Jamaica?
Source: Jamaica Star
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Captivating Colombia Takes ‘Mad And Mean’ International Night Finals - May 23, 2019
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019
- Who Will Win The Jamaican Premier Football League 2019? - April 3, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 4: Nyanda - March 27, 2019
- Veteran Broadcaster Dorraine Samuels Dies At 59 - March 26, 2019