Jamaica is An Extraordinarily Violent Country Says CNN Anchor After Murder of US Missionaries
The recent murder of two American missionaries in Jamaica has once again cast a negative light on the Jamaica on an international level.
The bodies of both deceased missionaries – 48-year-old Randy Hentzel and 53-year-old Harold Nichols were recently discovered in St. Mary with indications that the men suffered a gruesome death.
After news of the men’s demise became widespread, one CNN News anchor reportedly stated:
“It’s astounding to think that a lot of people think that Jamaica is a paradise but it is an extraordinarily violent country with a remarkable murder rate,“
The men were working to help build homes for the poor.
Nichols reportedly had a 14 year relationship with Jamaica oftentimes being referred to as a “Jamerican”.
Several persons have chimed in on various social media platforms to voice their opinions on the remarks made by the CNN anchor.
Some have echoed her sentiments while others have expressed outrage.
How do you feel about her comments regarding Jamaica?
Source: Jamaica Star
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019
- Jamaican Players In the MLS - March 18, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019