The Mis-Education Of Our Young Black Children
There is a devastating truth we need to wake up and face as a people.
As a race we have failed our children. We have taught many of our black children that the things that matter are name brands like Nike and Prada.
We have taught our black children that the people that matter are the celebrities… and then we sit and wonder why our kids are failing.
After watching a video which was shared by my friend Natalee stack, and hearing all the things taking place with black kids both here in the states and back home in Jamaica, it is evident we are sitting on a time bomb and we do not even seem to know it.
We are not teaching our children that respect starts with them. We allow our young black boys to wear saggy pants and walk around with their hair uncombed, saying we are allowing them to express themselves.
But we must ask ourselves — what kind of expression are they putting out there when they look and act like thugs?
We allow our young black girls to dress like ‘skettels’ and endorse fashions and the concept that says ‘if yuh nah show yuh behind, yuh nah say nutten’.
Then when those on the outside dare to talk about young black thugs, we cry black lives matter. Take the bus or the subway here in the USA and listen to how our kids speak.
You will often hear young black men saying “whats up my nigga”.
In Jamaica it’s not uncommon to hear words like “yow what a gwan, p***y yuh nuh see seh man a bad man”.
It is clear we have a cauldron that is boiling over. When even teachers are afraid of students, it is a clear indication that something is seriously wrong.
Where are the positive role models? Where are the parents to parent these children? Do we only care when they get shot here in the USA by white cops so we can cry black lives matter? Do we only care when they take guns and knives to school in Jamaica?
We seriously need to wake the hell up.
By Michelle Bradshaw
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- What Kind of Women Do Our Young Black Girls Emulate? - March 4, 2017
- Is Organ Harvesting in Jamaica Really that Far-fetched? - February 10, 2017
- Dear Women of Jamaica - February 7, 2017
- Attending Church Does Not Guarantee a Ticket to Heaven! - January 8, 2017
- My Tribute to the Honourable Portia Simpson Miller - December 12, 2016
- Viva Fidel Castro and Michael Manley! - November 27, 2016
- Jamaican Woman Fears the US is Taking Backward Steps With Racial Equality - November 17, 2016
- Justice For the Poor in Jamaica is a Farce - October 25, 2016
- I am Truly Heartbroken By the Behaviour of Some Jamaicans - June 22, 2016
- Are All Police Officers in Jamaica Taught First Aid? - June 11, 2016