20-Yr Old Police Officer Dies in Hanover Crash
A 20-year-old Constable reportedly died in a motor vehicle collision along the Orange Bay main road in Hanover on Sunday.
He has been identified as Daemoy Witter, a police constable at the Negril Police Station in Westmoreland.
According to the Green Island Police, at approximately 3:30 pm, Constable Witter was driving a Honda Civic motorcar when on reaching a section of the roadway he allegedly lost control of the vehicle, which collided into a Toyota Coaster transporting tourists.
A Toyota Altis which was being driven by another officer also crashed into the Honda Civic. Constable Witter was pronounced dead at hospital while the injured officer and a tourist were treated for minor injuries and released. One Canadian national remains in hospital for observation.
Several images of Witter’s mangled Honda Civic have surfaced online following the incident.
Source: Loop Jamaica
- Captivating Colombia Takes ‘Mad And Mean’ International Night Finals - May 23, 2019
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019
- Who Will Win The Jamaican Premier Football League 2019? - April 3, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 4: Nyanda - March 27, 2019
- Veteran Broadcaster Dorraine Samuels Dies At 59 - March 26, 2019