20-Yr Old Police Officer Dies in Hanover Crash
A 20-year-old Constable reportedly died in a motor vehicle collision along the Orange Bay main road in Hanover on Sunday.
He has been identified as Daemoy Witter, a police constable at the Negril Police Station in Westmoreland.
According to the Green Island Police, at approximately 3:30 pm, Constable Witter was driving a Honda Civic motorcar when on reaching a section of the roadway he allegedly lost control of the vehicle, which collided into a Toyota Coaster transporting tourists.
A Toyota Altis which was being driven by another officer also crashed into the Honda Civic. Constable Witter was pronounced dead at hospital while the injured officer and a tourist were treated for minor injuries and released. One Canadian national remains in hospital for observation.
Several images of Witter’s mangled Honda Civic have surfaced online following the incident.
Source: Loop Jamaica
- JFF Calls For Women And Families To Come Out In Support Of The Reggae Girlz - September 19, 2019
- Visual Artist Maia Chung Invited By Major Italian Gallery For Consideration For Important Art Residency In Italy 2019 - September 18, 2019
- Players Struck By Lightning At Manning Cup Match - September 17, 2019
- Investment Property For Sale In St Ann - September 16, 2019
- Nicholson On Fire In Belgium! - September 14, 2019
- Boyz Hammer Guyana 4-0 - September 10, 2019
- Dr. Peter Phillips Retains PNP Presidency - September 8, 2019
- Striker Khadija Shaw Slams JFF Over Unpaid Wages - September 4, 2019
- Clarendon Farmers Diversifying Crop Production To Be More Climate Resilient - August 21, 2019
- Bailey On Target In Season Opener - August 19, 2019