Goodbye I won’t see you again.
I stepped into another month and you’re now gone my friend.
Step by step we went through it together.
The cussing and fighting was unexpected – we were meant for each other.
When your name was first mentioned, I got dragonflies.
In all your glory, you stared in my eyes, it gave you butterflies.
I had plans to give it to you with all my might,
but you were taken away from me in full flight.
Rest in peace – even though I’m living in pieces.
I called you mine.
I claimed you.
In my mind it was just the two of us,
I didn’t know time was waiting to make you the opposite of plus.
Now you can only be mentioned,
like a child that’s rude you’re on ‘forever-detention’.
It was too soon to let you go,
but time told me to work with the flow.
The visions I had for us got incarcerated,
I didn’t have enough money in my pocket – I felt devastated.
My nails were chopped because of endless anxiety,
counted each year, my contribution to this society.
But I can be hopeful once again, because I now have 2016.
RIP and a kiss goodbye to 2015.
-Daron Chosen Smith
- Breathe - May 25, 2017
- Usain the ‘Trio King’ - August 20, 2016
- My Mother – The Best Mom - May 7, 2016
- R.I.P - January 7, 2016
- Happy Now - December 8, 2015
- Hello Girl - November 27, 2015
- Cheated - October 28, 2015
- Free Jamaica - August 7, 2015
- Jamaica – On a mission - October 21, 2014
- A tribute for Dr. Maya Angelou - May 29, 2014