Chris Gayle Apologises For Asking Out TV Reporter On Air
The prolific Jamaican batsman Chris Gayle has apologised for comments he made in a tv interview to reporter Mel McLaughlin during a live mid match commentary.
“I came to have this interview with you to see your eyes for the first time. So hopefully we can win this game and have a drink after,” Gayle comically stated during the interview with McLaughlin.
“Don’t blush baby,” he also added.
McLaughlin,who seemed perturbed by the comments, promptly replied to Gayle. “I’m not blushing.”
During a press conference following the controversial remarks, Gayle said sorry for his choice of words:
“A simple joke on air and it went out of proportion. There was not anything at all that was meant to be disrespectful to Mel. …If she felt that way I am really sorry for that.”
Reporter Mel McLaughlin has since stated that she accepts the apology and just wants to move on.
- Players Struck By Lightning At Manning Cup Match - September 17, 2019
- Investment Property For Sale In St Ann - September 16, 2019
- Nicholson On Fire In Belgium! - September 14, 2019
- Boyz Hammer Guyana 4-0 - September 10, 2019
- Dr. Peter Phillips Retains PNP Presidency - September 8, 2019
- Striker Khadija Shaw Slams JFF Over Unpaid Wages - September 4, 2019
- Clarendon Farmers Diversifying Crop Production To Be More Climate Resilient - August 21, 2019
- Bailey On Target In Season Opener - August 19, 2019
- Kai, 10 Launches Her Kits To Keep Kids Clean And Healthy - August 13, 2019
- Leon Bailey Scores In 26 Seconds For Bayer Leverkusen! - August 11, 2019