2020 Olympics a Possibility for Bolt?
Usain Bolt recently admitted that he has toyed with the idea of extending his incredible career to the 2020 Olympics to be held in Tokyo, Japan.
Bolt has stated many times that he intends to retire after the 2017 World Championships, however while speaking with Ian Boyne on last Sunday’s airing of the personality programme Profile, he stated that his Coach Glen Mills had suggested he was capable of running in a fourth Olympics if he chose to.
“The coach says I can go on to even the next Olympics in 2020,” Bolt said.
“But I’m not gonna say what I’m gonna do. My coach says I should stop talking about it all the time; let’s just go through these two years and see what happens.”
“So 32, 33, 34, it’s going to be a lot of work — if I feel I can do it, I’ll definitely try. But, for me, I want to retire on top of my game.
“I don’t want to continue if I know I’m not going to push myself hard enough.”
Bol also revealed that he has taken advice received from US sprint phenom Michael Johnson as he pondered on his future.
“I asked Michael Johnson. I said, ‘Why did you retire, when you were dominating?’. He said, ‘Listen, I’ve done everything in the sport, I was on top, why should I continue?’” Bolt revealed, adding he did not want to emulate NBA legend Michael Jordan who returned unsuccessfully after retiring.
“He left the sport when he was great and he came back and made a small mockery of his career a little bit,” Bolt said.
“I don’t want to put myself in the same position, with other people stepping up while I’m going backwards.”
Bolt also stated that one of his main goals to run sub 19 seconds at the Olympics.
“One of the big records I want is the 200. What I want is sub-19 — the first man to ever have done it, it would be a game-changer.”
Curated from The Observer
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected].
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019
- Ruffi Drops Hot New Single “Pressure” - January 28, 2019
- Home With Breathtaking Sea View For Sale In Oracabessa - January 26, 2019