Salaries For Teachers Delayed – Education Ministry
A recent release by The Ministry of Education has informed staff members in public schools that October’s salaries and allowances at the new rates agreed under the 2015-2017 Heads of Agreement are to be paid on Monday.
According to the ministry, this is because of the high volume of work needed to compute the new salaries and allowances, and given the short work week, the Ministry was unable to meet the deadline of Thursday, October 22.
“The Ministry of Education has consulted with the Jamaica Teachers’ Association and it has been agreed that next Monday is the best option to facilitate the payment of the new salaries and allowances to teachers,” the release said. “The Ministry is consulting trade unions for non-academic staff.”
The Ministry further advises that the retroactive portion of the new salaries and allowances will be paid in November 2015.
Source: The Star
- Visual Artist Maia Chung Invited By Major Italian Gallery For Consideration For Important Art Residency In Italy 2019 - September 18, 2019
- Players Struck By Lightning At Manning Cup Match - September 17, 2019
- Investment Property For Sale In St Ann - September 16, 2019
- Nicholson On Fire In Belgium! - September 14, 2019
- Boyz Hammer Guyana 4-0 - September 10, 2019
- Dr. Peter Phillips Retains PNP Presidency - September 8, 2019
- Striker Khadija Shaw Slams JFF Over Unpaid Wages - September 4, 2019
- Clarendon Farmers Diversifying Crop Production To Be More Climate Resilient - August 21, 2019
- Bailey On Target In Season Opener - August 19, 2019
- Kai, 10 Launches Her Kits To Keep Kids Clean And Healthy - August 13, 2019