Jamaica’s Kayaksman Faces His Toughest Challenge Yet
Known for its rapid waters and unstable currents, Ireland’s Liffey Descent will be taking place on the 26th September, this weekend.
This will be the first time Jamaica will be represented on Irish waters.
This descent race is one of the most difficult descent courses in Europe and Tony is delighted to be invited by the Irish Canoe Union to race.
Sponsored by Jt’s Coconut Essence UK, the sprint kayaker has been competing in a variety of distance races in the UK and internationally, for strength, speed and endurance in the hope of qualifying for the Rio Olympics next year.
The Jamaican Kayaksman also plans to raise money, awareness and support for international charity, Water Aid and is supported by his family, friends and training partners who wish him well.
Tony Greyson-Newman, a 40 year old something with a dream to take sprint kayaking by storm.
Training at Richmond Canoe Club, in the UK, Tony has come on in leaps and bounds in just a short amount of time.
Tony is driven by his dream to reach the Rio 2016 Olympics and to compete internationally on the sprint kayaking circuit beyond then.
Equally Tony wishes to expose and promote sprint kayaking to the young and older in Jamaica and the Jamaican diaspora worldwide and on his recent trip to Jamaica, introduced some basic sprint kayaking techniques to enthusiastic young rowers at Kingston Rowing Club, based at the Caribbean Maritime Institute.
- JFF Calls For Women And Families To Come Out In Support Of The Reggae Girlz - September 19, 2019
- Visual Artist Maia Chung Invited By Major Italian Gallery For Consideration For Important Art Residency In Italy 2019 - September 18, 2019
- Players Struck By Lightning At Manning Cup Match - September 17, 2019
- Investment Property For Sale In St Ann - September 16, 2019
- Nicholson On Fire In Belgium! - September 14, 2019
- Boyz Hammer Guyana 4-0 - September 10, 2019
- Dr. Peter Phillips Retains PNP Presidency - September 8, 2019
- Striker Khadija Shaw Slams JFF Over Unpaid Wages - September 4, 2019
- Clarendon Farmers Diversifying Crop Production To Be More Climate Resilient - August 21, 2019
- Bailey On Target In Season Opener - August 19, 2019