Jamaica’s Kayaksman Faces His Toughest Challenge Yet
Known for its rapid waters and unstable currents, Ireland’s Liffey Descent will be taking place on the 26th September, this weekend.
This will be the first time Jamaica will be represented on Irish waters.
This descent race is one of the most difficult descent courses in Europe and Tony is delighted to be invited by the Irish Canoe Union to race.
Sponsored by Jt’s Coconut Essence UK, the sprint kayaker has been competing in a variety of distance races in the UK and internationally, for strength, speed and endurance in the hope of qualifying for the Rio Olympics next year.
The Jamaican Kayaksman also plans to raise money, awareness and support for international charity, Water Aid and is supported by his family, friends and training partners who wish him well.
Tony Greyson-Newman, a 40 year old something with a dream to take sprint kayaking by storm.
Training at Richmond Canoe Club, in the UK, Tony has come on in leaps and bounds in just a short amount of time.
Tony is driven by his dream to reach the Rio 2016 Olympics and to compete internationally on the sprint kayaking circuit beyond then.
Equally Tony wishes to expose and promote sprint kayaking to the young and older in Jamaica and the Jamaican diaspora worldwide and on his recent trip to Jamaica, introduced some basic sprint kayaking techniques to enthusiastic young rowers at Kingston Rowing Club, based at the Caribbean Maritime Institute.
- Captivating Colombia Takes ‘Mad And Mean’ International Night Finals - May 23, 2019
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019
- Who Will Win The Jamaican Premier Football League 2019? - April 3, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 4: Nyanda - March 27, 2019
- Veteran Broadcaster Dorraine Samuels Dies At 59 - March 26, 2019