Jamaica’s Women Win Gold in 4x400m, Men Narrowly Miss Bronze at World Champs
Beijing China – On the last day of the 15th edition of the IAAF Championships, Jamaica earned another gold medal bringing the total medals earned to 12.
Jamaica’s women were explosive in their 4×400 metres relay race, edging the United States just before the finish line to take gold in a world leading time of 3:19.13 seconds.
It was an exhilarating race but Jamaica’s Novlene Williams-Mills was resolute in her quest to finish ahead of the Americans and with a burst of speed on the final stretch of the race, she did just that.
Javon Francis had his work cut out for him on the final leg of the men’s 4×400 metres relay race and missed a third place finish for Jamaica for Jamaica by the slimmest of margins.
In the end it was Great Britain that got the Bronze by 0.004 seconds.
- JFF Calls For Women And Families To Come Out In Support Of The Reggae Girlz - September 19, 2019
- Visual Artist Maia Chung Invited By Major Italian Gallery For Consideration For Important Art Residency In Italy 2019 - September 18, 2019
- Players Struck By Lightning At Manning Cup Match - September 17, 2019
- Investment Property For Sale In St Ann - September 16, 2019
- Nicholson On Fire In Belgium! - September 14, 2019
- Boyz Hammer Guyana 4-0 - September 10, 2019
- Dr. Peter Phillips Retains PNP Presidency - September 8, 2019
- Striker Khadija Shaw Slams JFF Over Unpaid Wages - September 4, 2019
- Clarendon Farmers Diversifying Crop Production To Be More Climate Resilient - August 21, 2019
- Bailey On Target In Season Opener - August 19, 2019