Jamaica’s Women Win Gold in 4x400m, Men Narrowly Miss Bronze at World Champs
Beijing China – On the last day of the 15th edition of the IAAF Championships, Jamaica earned another gold medal bringing the total medals earned to 12.
Jamaica’s women were explosive in their 4×400 metres relay race, edging the United States just before the finish line to take gold in a world leading time of 3:19.13 seconds.
It was an exhilarating race but Jamaica’s Novlene Williams-Mills was resolute in her quest to finish ahead of the Americans and with a burst of speed on the final stretch of the race, she did just that.
Javon Francis had his work cut out for him on the final leg of the men’s 4×400 metres relay race and missed a third place finish for Jamaica for Jamaica by the slimmest of margins.
In the end it was Great Britain that got the Bronze by 0.004 seconds.
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019
- Ruffi Drops Hot New Single “Pressure” - January 28, 2019
- Home With Breathtaking Sea View For Sale In Oracabessa - January 26, 2019