Insufficient Staff for Jamaican Team at World Games
According to media liaison Dennis Gordon the 19 officials assigned to the team that will represent Jamaica in this year’s IAAF Championships in China is woefully inadequate.
Gordon, who is currently at the team training camp in Japan said currently there are only two massage therapists who will have to tend to 31 athletes and they are going to die of overwork while speaking with Irie FM.
He also said the cadre of medical staff that accompanies teams in the future will need to be increased as currently the team is in dire need of a chiropractor and more massage therapists.
Gordon stressed the importance of having a quality medical team if quality performances are expected.
The Jamaican team will head into Beijing at the end of the training camp on August 17 for the championships which runs from August 22 to 30.
The JAAA recently released a full list of the 19 officials. See below:
Ludlow Watts (manager), Dave Myrie and Heleen Francis (assistant managers), Maurice Wilson (Technical Leader), Michael Clarke (Head Coach), Jerry Holness, Jermaine Shand, Paul Francis, Julian Robinson and lennox Graham (Coaches), Collin Turner, Gavin James, Nathaneal Davis, Damion Rowe, Everald Edwards (massage Therapists), Dennis Gordon (media liaison), Carl Bruce, Michael Douglas and Matthew Parchment (medical team).
Source: Irie FM
- Visual Artist Maia Chung Invited By Major Italian Gallery For Consideration For Important Art Residency In Italy 2019 - September 18, 2019
- Players Struck By Lightning At Manning Cup Match - September 17, 2019
- Investment Property For Sale In St Ann - September 16, 2019
- Nicholson On Fire In Belgium! - September 14, 2019
- Boyz Hammer Guyana 4-0 - September 10, 2019
- Dr. Peter Phillips Retains PNP Presidency - September 8, 2019
- Striker Khadija Shaw Slams JFF Over Unpaid Wages - September 4, 2019
- Clarendon Farmers Diversifying Crop Production To Be More Climate Resilient - August 21, 2019
- Bailey On Target In Season Opener - August 19, 2019
- Kai, 10 Launches Her Kits To Keep Kids Clean And Healthy - August 13, 2019