Insufficient Staff for Jamaican Team at World Games
According to media liaison Dennis Gordon the 19 officials assigned to the team that will represent Jamaica in this year’s IAAF Championships in China is woefully inadequate.
Gordon, who is currently at the team training camp in Japan said currently there are only two massage therapists who will have to tend to 31 athletes and they are going to die of overwork while speaking with Irie FM.
He also said the cadre of medical staff that accompanies teams in the future will need to be increased as currently the team is in dire need of a chiropractor and more massage therapists.
Gordon stressed the importance of having a quality medical team if quality performances are expected.
The Jamaican team will head into Beijing at the end of the training camp on August 17 for the championships which runs from August 22 to 30.
The JAAA recently released a full list of the 19 officials. See below:
Ludlow Watts (manager), Dave Myrie and Heleen Francis (assistant managers), Maurice Wilson (Technical Leader), Michael Clarke (Head Coach), Jerry Holness, Jermaine Shand, Paul Francis, Julian Robinson and lennox Graham (Coaches), Collin Turner, Gavin James, Nathaneal Davis, Damion Rowe, Everald Edwards (massage Therapists), Dennis Gordon (media liaison), Carl Bruce, Michael Douglas and Matthew Parchment (medical team).
Source: Irie FM
- Captivating Colombia Takes ‘Mad And Mean’ International Night Finals - May 23, 2019
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019
- Who Will Win The Jamaican Premier Football League 2019? - April 3, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 4: Nyanda - March 27, 2019
- Veteran Broadcaster Dorraine Samuels Dies At 59 - March 26, 2019