Women Jailed in Russia After Dancing to Aidonia Song Near WWII Monument
Three women were arrested and jailed in Russia after they reportedly recorded themselves dancing close to a a second world war monument in the Russian city of Novorossiysk.
18-year-old Margarita Radetskaya – who can be seen in the video, at the head of six girls dancing, was sentenced to 15 days of of administrative arrest for petty hooliganism.
Two other girls – Yana Kutakova, 24, and Yekaterina Scherbedinskaya, 26, earned themselves 10 days of administrative arrest.
Alla Korkach, 28, and Viktoria Yurieva, 22, were also fined. The young women were dancing to a song titled “Touch You Tonight” by popular Jamaican entertainer Aidonia.
The parents of a sixth dancer, whose name has not been released because she is under 18 years of age, were charged with “failing to perform parental duties for raising minors” and face being monitored.
Prosecutors claimed the “erotic and sexual twerk dance” was disrespectful to the memory of those who fought in the second world war.
The girls reportedly filmed the video to promote dancehall classes at a local school, Art Dance, and a photograph from the shoot on Radetskaya’s social network page listed the times that the class meets.
Should they have been jailed for this? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019
- Jamaican Players In the MLS - March 18, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019