Women Jailed in Russia After Dancing to Aidonia Song Near WWII Monument
Three women were arrested and jailed in Russia after they reportedly recorded themselves dancing close to a a second world war monument in the Russian city of Novorossiysk.
18-year-old Margarita Radetskaya – who can be seen in the video, at the head of six girls dancing, was sentenced to 15 days of of administrative arrest for petty hooliganism.
Two other girls – Yana Kutakova, 24, and Yekaterina Scherbedinskaya, 26, earned themselves 10 days of administrative arrest.
Alla Korkach, 28, and Viktoria Yurieva, 22, were also fined. The young women were dancing to a song titled “Touch You Tonight” by popular Jamaican entertainer Aidonia.
The parents of a sixth dancer, whose name has not been released because she is under 18 years of age, were charged with “failing to perform parental duties for raising minors” and face being monitored.
Prosecutors claimed the “erotic and sexual twerk dance” was disrespectful to the memory of those who fought in the second world war.
The girls reportedly filmed the video to promote dancehall classes at a local school, Art Dance, and a photograph from the shoot on Radetskaya’s social network page listed the times that the class meets.
Should they have been jailed for this? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.
- Reggae Girlz Take On Scotland Today! - May 28, 2019
- Captivating Colombia Takes ‘Mad And Mean’ International Night Finals - May 23, 2019
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019
- Who Will Win The Jamaican Premier Football League 2019? - April 3, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 4: Nyanda - March 27, 2019