Thief Receives 18 Month Prison Sentence For Stealing 18 Oranges
A thief will now spend a year and a half behind bars for stealing 18 oranges.
He was handed the harsh sentence earlier this week in the Spanish Town RM court and was sentenced by Resident Magistrate Simone Maddix.
“So you need to get another shock treatment? And it’s my job to give it and leave my mother to pray for my soul. I have to do this job and do it well,” said the RM.
The man , Aldean Brown, pleaded guilty to praedial larceny after it was alleged that he stole 18 oranges from a tree on the complainant’s premises.
Aldean’s efforts to justify his actions by claiming he was hungry did not serve him well. “I think it’s more greed than hunger. If it was one or two oranges, but you were stopped at 18. How can you reap what you never sow?” RM Maddix asked.
“You will have a long time of reflection and you should embrace a level of honesty,” RM Maddix concluded.
Was this a harsh sentence? Let us know in the comments.
Source: Loop Jamaica
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019
- Ruffi Drops Hot New Single “Pressure” - January 28, 2019
- Home With Breathtaking Sea View For Sale In Oracabessa - January 26, 2019