Thief Receives 18 Month Prison Sentence For Stealing 18 Oranges
A thief will now spend a year and a half behind bars for stealing 18 oranges.
He was handed the harsh sentence earlier this week in the Spanish Town RM court and was sentenced by Resident Magistrate Simone Maddix.
“So you need to get another shock treatment? And it’s my job to give it and leave my mother to pray for my soul. I have to do this job and do it well,” said the RM.
The man , Aldean Brown, pleaded guilty to praedial larceny after it was alleged that he stole 18 oranges from a tree on the complainant’s premises.
Aldean’s efforts to justify his actions by claiming he was hungry did not serve him well. “I think it’s more greed than hunger. If it was one or two oranges, but you were stopped at 18. How can you reap what you never sow?” RM Maddix asked.
“You will have a long time of reflection and you should embrace a level of honesty,” RM Maddix concluded.
Was this a harsh sentence? Let us know in the comments.
Source: Loop Jamaica
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018