Thief Receives 18 Month Prison Sentence For Stealing 18 Oranges
A thief will now spend a year and a half behind bars for stealing 18 oranges.
He was handed the harsh sentence earlier this week in the Spanish Town RM court and was sentenced by Resident Magistrate Simone Maddix.
“So you need to get another shock treatment? And it’s my job to give it and leave my mother to pray for my soul. I have to do this job and do it well,” said the RM.
The man , Aldean Brown, pleaded guilty to praedial larceny after it was alleged that he stole 18 oranges from a tree on the complainant’s premises.
Aldean’s efforts to justify his actions by claiming he was hungry did not serve him well. “I think it’s more greed than hunger. If it was one or two oranges, but you were stopped at 18. How can you reap what you never sow?” RM Maddix asked.
“You will have a long time of reflection and you should embrace a level of honesty,” RM Maddix concluded.
Was this a harsh sentence? Let us know in the comments.
Source: Loop Jamaica
- Kartel Hospitalised - September 25, 2017
- Jermaine Barrett Dies After Hard Fought Battle With Cancer - September 25, 2017
- Most Wanted ‘Duppy Film’ Reportedly Killed By Police In St Thomas - September 24, 2017
- Miss Jamaica World 2017 Crowned - September 24, 2017
- US To Assist With Probe Into Tourist’s Death - September 23, 2017
- Autopsy On Medical Doctor’s Body To Be Conducted Today - September 22, 2017
- NCU Student Wins Full Tuition In Red Stripe ‘Drink Right’ App Design Competition - September 21, 2017
- Jamaican Model Gabrielle Davis Joins Cast Of VH1’s Love & Hip Hop: Miami - September 21, 2017
- Jamaica By Bike Returns With Kingston To Negril Charity Ride - September 20, 2017
- Cop Killed By Gunmen At His Home In St Catherine - September 20, 2017