Thief Receives 18 Month Prison Sentence For Stealing 18 Oranges
A thief will now spend a year and a half behind bars for stealing 18 oranges.
He was handed the harsh sentence earlier this week in the Spanish Town RM court and was sentenced by Resident Magistrate Simone Maddix.
“So you need to get another shock treatment? And it’s my job to give it and leave my mother to pray for my soul. I have to do this job and do it well,” said the RM.
The man , Aldean Brown, pleaded guilty to praedial larceny after it was alleged that he stole 18 oranges from a tree on the complainant’s premises.
Aldean’s efforts to justify his actions by claiming he was hungry did not serve him well. “I think it’s more greed than hunger. If it was one or two oranges, but you were stopped at 18. How can you reap what you never sow?” RM Maddix asked.
“You will have a long time of reflection and you should embrace a level of honesty,” RM Maddix concluded.
Was this a harsh sentence? Let us know in the comments.
Source: Loop Jamaica
- Visual Artist Maia Chung Invited By Major Italian Gallery For Consideration For Important Art Residency In Italy 2019 - September 18, 2019
- Players Struck By Lightning At Manning Cup Match - September 17, 2019
- Investment Property For Sale In St Ann - September 16, 2019
- Nicholson On Fire In Belgium! - September 14, 2019
- Boyz Hammer Guyana 4-0 - September 10, 2019
- Dr. Peter Phillips Retains PNP Presidency - September 8, 2019
- Striker Khadija Shaw Slams JFF Over Unpaid Wages - September 4, 2019
- Clarendon Farmers Diversifying Crop Production To Be More Climate Resilient - August 21, 2019
- Bailey On Target In Season Opener - August 19, 2019
- Kai, 10 Launches Her Kits To Keep Kids Clean And Healthy - August 13, 2019