Jamaica to give Chinese company a whopping 1200 acres of land for Highway!
A sizeable portion of Jamaica will soon have owners from China as well.
According to a report by Loop Jamaica, China Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC), the developers of the now completed Mount Rosser North-South highway, will receive both cash and land as part of their payment for the project.
The concession agreement gives CHEC the right to build, own and operate the Mount Rosser roadway for 50 years plus get 1,200 acres of land along the highway.
During the four year project to create a 15 minute roadway connecting Kingston and Ocho Rios, the original developers, Bouygues Travaux Publics ran into technical difficulties and suspended the project.
CHEC then approached the government with a proposal which was accepted and allowed completion of same.
Source: Loop Jamaica
- Captivating Colombia Takes ‘Mad And Mean’ International Night Finals - May 23, 2019
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019
- Who Will Win The Jamaican Premier Football League 2019? - April 3, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 4: Nyanda - March 27, 2019
- Veteran Broadcaster Dorraine Samuels Dies At 59 - March 26, 2019