Jamaica to give Chinese company a whopping 1200 acres of land for Highway!
A sizeable portion of Jamaica will soon have owners from China as well.
According to a report by Loop Jamaica, China Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC), the developers of the now completed Mount Rosser North-South highway, will receive both cash and land as part of their payment for the project.
The concession agreement gives CHEC the right to build, own and operate the Mount Rosser roadway for 50 years plus get 1,200 acres of land along the highway.
During the four year project to create a 15 minute roadway connecting Kingston and Ocho Rios, the original developers, Bouygues Travaux Publics ran into technical difficulties and suspended the project.
CHEC then approached the government with a proposal which was accepted and allowed completion of same.
Source: Loop Jamaica
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019
- Ruffi Drops Hot New Single “Pressure” - January 28, 2019
- Home With Breathtaking Sea View For Sale In Oracabessa - January 26, 2019