1. “Every bess friend have a bess friend”
Every best friend has another best friend.
2. “When lie teck plane and gone, truth a walk a come.”
For every lie that is quickly spread, the truth takes a long time to reveal itself.
3. “Me a ram goat.”
When the goat is under great stress, the hair covers everything from the naked eye.
4. “When puss belly full, him sey rat belly bitter.”
A cat with a full stomach has not need to eat a rodent.
5. “If you hang clothes pon line, u no haffi look fi rain.”
If you haven’t troubled anyone, then no one can look for you.
6. “Dawg a sweat but long hair kibba it!”
If you know how to handle stress, no one will know about.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- The Recorder, An Excellent Musical Instrument! - July 2, 2015
- Jamaican Proverbs - May 29, 2015
- Jamaica’s National Book List will do more Harm than Good for our Students - September 14, 2014
- Why should Music be taught in High Schools? - June 27, 2014
- Jamaican Proverbs - June 10, 2014
- How to Get Our Students to Be Interested in School? - April 23, 2014
- Jamaican Proverbs - April 22, 2014
- Jamaican Proverbs/Sayings - January 25, 2014
- Jamaican Proverbs - January 2, 2014
- The Importance of Giving Students Study Guides - December 31, 2013