Collision in St. Mary leaves at least 30 persons injured!
According to a report by Irie FM, at least 30 persons were injured in a motor vehicle accident in Wilderness, near Galina, in St. Mary yesterday afternoon (April 21).
The injured persons were taken to the Port Maria Hospital for treatment.
Some considered to be in more serious conditions, were later transferred to the Annotto Bay Hospital.
Reports are that about 12:53 p.m. a Toyota Hiace bus and a Toyota Corolla motorcar were both being driven towards Port Maria.
Its reported that upon reaching an intersection to enter a residential community in Wilderness, the motor car made a right turn.
The Toyota Hiace bus, which was travelling behind, reportedly collided with the motor car.
Those injured from the car are said to be residents of Wilderness.
While the injured persons in the bus were family and friends from St. James on a holiday excursion.
In the meantime, Deputy Mayor of Port Maria Paul Fyffe is commending the staff at the Port Maria Hospital for their response and handling of the accident, despite some resource challenges.
Mr. Fyffe, who is also a board member of the North East Regional Health Authority (NERHA) explains that the Port Maria Hospital is a Type C facility, and as such, is not necessarily equipped to deal with a mass casualty situation.
The hospital has limited bed space and a limited accident and emergency department.
Mr. Fyffe says some of the injured persons, who are in serious condition, will be transferred to the Annnotto Bay Hospital for further treatment.
He adds that plans are in place for additional hospital resources, such as the operating theatre.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Visual Artist Maia Chung Invited By Major Italian Gallery For Consideration For Important Art Residency In Italy 2019 - September 18, 2019
- Players Struck By Lightning At Manning Cup Match - September 17, 2019
- Investment Property For Sale In St Ann - September 16, 2019
- Nicholson On Fire In Belgium! - September 14, 2019
- Boyz Hammer Guyana 4-0 - September 10, 2019
- Dr. Peter Phillips Retains PNP Presidency - September 8, 2019
- Striker Khadija Shaw Slams JFF Over Unpaid Wages - September 4, 2019
- Clarendon Farmers Diversifying Crop Production To Be More Climate Resilient - August 21, 2019
- Bailey On Target In Season Opener - August 19, 2019
- Kai, 10 Launches Her Kits To Keep Kids Clean And Healthy - August 13, 2019