Jamaica’s Conscious Reggae Singer – Etana
Now a highly respected Reggae Artiste, Shauna McKenzie (born May 22, 1983, Kingston, Jamaica), known commonly as Etana, is a reggae singer from Jamaica. She is renowned for her combination of conscious lyrics, sweet melodies, and use of ‘rea’l Reggae riddims.
She is the only girl in a family of boys and grew up in the eastern Saint Andrew community of August Town. Her vocal talent was discovered when she was eight years old and was overheard singing along to a 1991 hit by the group Air Supply.
She migrated to the United States in 1992 and attended Broward Community College with the hopes of becoming a registered nurse.
If you like my drawing please check out ways to contact me on my full profile HERE:
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Jamaica’s queen of mid-morning radio - March 24, 2014
- The Rapper from North Dakota – Wiz Khalifa - January 23, 2014
- An All Round Media Darling - January 10, 2014
- Jamaica’s Conscious Reggae Singer – Etana - January 1, 2014
- One of the greatest female artistes of all time ! - December 26, 2013
- Jamaica’s Beautiful Prime Minister - December 24, 2013
- Sean Paul by Oshaine “Sketch” Montaque - December 19, 2013