Jamaican Man heroically steers gas tanker to safety before it explodes!
Tanker driver Dennis Butler is one man who definitely deserves praises for his heroic deeds. He risked his life by steering a fuel tanker loaded with gasoline that had caught fire to a safer location and might have very well saved lives.
Based on reports by the Jamaica Observer the heroic driver steered the burning vehicle for about 200 metres away from a cluster of houses before jumping from the vehicle. It exploded into a ball of fire only moments later.
The blistering heat from the inferno forced many residents to flee their homes. It also damaged sections of two homes, several electrical transformers, and more than 200 metres of the newly paved Mona Road in St Andrew.
“I was driving along the roadway and I heard an explosion,” Dennis Butler, the 51-year-old driver of the tanker told the Jamaica Observer.
The Mark of a true hero!
According to the report: After realizing the vehicle was about to explode, his first instinct was to flee. However, he quickly decided to do the noble act and drove the tanker to a section of the road where he believed the impending explosion would cause less damage.
Let us give our true heroes the recognition they deserve.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- 3 Jamaicans Included in All-Star U19 team For 2015 Copa Rayados - November 24, 2015
- Entertainer J Capri in Dire Need of Blood Following Car Accident - November 24, 2015
- Bolt and South African Telecom Provider Unite to Create “BOLTSPEED” (Video) - November 23, 2015
- Under 17 Reggae Girlz Earn Caribbean Football Union Title - November 23, 2015
- Police Hunt Caribbean Bombmaker in France Attacks - November 19, 2015
- Jamaican Man Kills Twin Babies, Girlfriend’s Father Then Himself - November 18, 2015
- Body of Missing St Ann Boy Found in Gully - November 17, 2015
- Prime Minister Condemns Acts of Terror in France - November 14, 2015
- Man Who Allegedly Committed Rape in Viral Online Video Now in Police Custody - November 13, 2015
- Former Health Minister Seriously ill, To Have Emergency Brain Surgery - November 13, 2015