Jamaican Man heroically steers gas tanker to safety before it explodes!
Tanker driver Dennis Butler is one man who definitely deserves praises for his heroic deeds. He risked his life by steering a fuel tanker loaded with gasoline that had caught fire to a safer location and might have very well saved lives.
Based on reports by the Jamaica Observer the heroic driver steered the burning vehicle for about 200 metres away from a cluster of houses before jumping from the vehicle. It exploded into a ball of fire only moments later.
The blistering heat from the inferno forced many residents to flee their homes. It also damaged sections of two homes, several electrical transformers, and more than 200 metres of the newly paved Mona Road in St Andrew.
“I was driving along the roadway and I heard an explosion,” Dennis Butler, the 51-year-old driver of the tanker told the Jamaica Observer.
The Mark of a true hero!
According to the report: After realizing the vehicle was about to explode, his first instinct was to flee. However, he quickly decided to do the noble act and drove the tanker to a section of the road where he believed the impending explosion would cause less damage.
Let us give our true heroes the recognition they deserve.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- Dangerous Practice! Meat from Riverton Dump Being Sold Downtown - March 30, 2015
- Family of Six Homeless after Fire on Oliver Road - March 30, 2015
- This Vegetable Served Across Jamaica Shows Great Promise at Fighting Cancer! - March 29, 2015
- Sizzla Arrested After Using Expletives at Police Station - March 29, 2015
- Jamaican is Teacher of the Year in Florida - March 29, 2015
- Mavado Claims He Was Treated Like a Bum at New York Restaurant Because He is Black - March 28, 2015
- Jamaican-born Athlete Dies in Swimming Accident in St Kitts - March 28, 2015
- Raheem Sterling Rejects Deal Worth $17 Million Per Week - March 28, 2015
- Prime Minister Scolds Gay-Rights Protestors During Address in New York - March 27, 2015
- Could Juror Selection Result in Vybz Kartel’s Conviction Being Overturned? - March 26, 2015