No Looking Back Now – Tessanne Performs on the Jay Leno Show!
Jamaica’s elite songstress Tessanne Chin, winner of The Voice, performed “Tumbling Down,” on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno last night.
The song, written by Ryan Tedder and Noel Zancanella, is meant to be an “anti-coronation” song. Ryan minced no words in an interview with Yahoo Music when he said that coronation songs “suck.”
“‘This is my moment! Now I’m here!’ Who actually sits around listening to that stuff? I can’t name one [song like that] that’s actually connected,” Ryan said.
Tessanne thanked Ryan for “…not writing some trying-to-be-inspirational, standing-on-a-mountain song.” She told Ryan that she was “so scared” he was going to do an inspirational song and that she was “going to hate it.”
“But this is just a great song, Ryan declared, “It’s about love and heartbreak and staying together through hard times. And she was like, ‘I actually relate to it.’ And hopefully America will, too.”
Big swooping choruses and dumb lyrics are the hallmarks of a coronation song. I’d say “Tumbling Down” passes that test. But watch and decide for yourself!
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Bolt Heads Strong Jamaica Team To London World Championship - July 25, 2017
- Boy’s Body Found On Beach In Bull Bay - July 25, 2017
- Armed Robbers Steal ONLY Food From Popular Jamaican Restaurant in Florida - July 23, 2017
- Westmoreland’s Most Wanted Killed By Police - July 22, 2017
- Reggae Boyz Eyeing Spot in Gold Cup Final - July 22, 2017
- Bolt Wins 100m Diamond League Sprint Ahead Of World Championships - July 21, 2017
- High-Powered Weapons, Over 4000 Rounds Ammunition Found At Wharves - July 21, 2017
- Prominent Montego Bay Businessman Shot Dead By Gunman - July 20, 2017
- Gunmen Open Fire On Denham Town Police Station - July 19, 2017
- Bolt, Omar McLeod to Face Off In Monaco - July 19, 2017