5-year-old dies after being forced to do push ups by his father!
Investigators in Florida are currently waiting for the results on an autopsy to determine whether a father should be held accountable for the death of his 5-year-old son.
The man was taken into custody after his son Darell Avant Jr. was found dead in his Pine Hills, Fla., home Wednesday evening.
Deputies stated Avant, 26, informed them that he spanked the boy and forced him to do pushups and squats for 20 minutes as punishment following a suspension from school the boy had received for kicking a teacher.
According to the report, after the young boy came out of the shower he became dizzy and fell to the floor.
Avant told deputies the child was breathing and that he slapped his face to try and resuscitate him.
According to the report, Avant then used a Google search for information on “rolling eyes in back of head.” He then called a friend who arrived and began performing CPR. Avant then called 911.
In the arrest report, a deputy said he saw injuries on the boy’s body “which were multiple bruises and contusions on the upper torso, abdomen, arms, and back.”
Avant is being held in the Orange County Jail without bail on child abuse charges. The arrest report said he is a repeat offender and has a history of domestic violence.
Investigators said they will wait for the autopsy result before deciding on other charges.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Armed Men Wearing Masks Storm Police Station in Clarendon - April 23, 2017
- Blake Upset After Men’s 4×100 Mishap at World Relays - April 23, 2017
- Soldier Suspected of Killing His Father Arrested - April 23, 2017
- Canadian Company Gets Licences to Mine For Gold, Copper in St Catherine - April 22, 2017
- Reggae Boyz to Face Peru in Friendly International - April 22, 2017
- Sports Minister Saddened by Passing of Germaine Mason - April 21, 2017
- 4 Life Sentences For Momymusk Killer - April 21, 2017
- Jamaica Records Highest Easter Weekend Road Fatalities Since 2008 – NRSC - April 20, 2017
- 30 Medals for Jamaica at Carifta Swimming Championships - April 20, 2017
- BREAKING: Jamaican High Jumper Germaine Mason Dies in Motorcycle Crash - April 20, 2017