5-year-old dies after being forced to do push ups by his father!
Investigators in Florida are currently waiting for the results on an autopsy to determine whether a father should be held accountable for the death of his 5-year-old son.
The man was taken into custody after his son Darell Avant Jr. was found dead in his Pine Hills, Fla., home Wednesday evening.
Deputies stated Avant, 26, informed them that he spanked the boy and forced him to do pushups and squats for 20 minutes as punishment following a suspension from school the boy had received for kicking a teacher.
According to the report, after the young boy came out of the shower he became dizzy and fell to the floor.
Avant told deputies the child was breathing and that he slapped his face to try and resuscitate him.
According to the report, Avant then used a Google search for information on “rolling eyes in back of head.” He then called a friend who arrived and began performing CPR. Avant then called 911.
In the arrest report, a deputy said he saw injuries on the boy’s body “which were multiple bruises and contusions on the upper torso, abdomen, arms, and back.”
Avant is being held in the Orange County Jail without bail on child abuse charges. The arrest report said he is a repeat offender and has a history of domestic violence.
Investigators said they will wait for the autopsy result before deciding on other charges.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Category 5 Hurricane Maria Leaves “Widespread Devastation” In Dominica, Continues To Rip Through Caribbean - September 19, 2017
- Minor Earthquake Rattles Several Parishes - September 18, 2017
- Hurricane Maria Approaches Caribbean, Expected To Strengthen Rapidly - September 18, 2017
- Thousands Of Jamaicans Among ‘Dreamers’ In The US - September 17, 2017
- New JFF Boss Elected - September 17, 2017
- World’s Oldest Person – Jamaica’s Violet Moss-Brown Dies At 117 - September 16, 2017
- Jamaican Banana/Plantain Farmers Achieve GlobalG.A.P. Certification - September 15, 2017
- More Reggae Boyz To Ply Trade In Europe - September 15, 2017
- Doctor Found Dead At Her Home In Kingston - September 14, 2017
- Some Coins To Be Removed From Circulation In Jamaica - September 14, 2017