Police pleads with suspects to surrender following Police Killings
The police are again making an appeal to suspects in criminal matters to peacefully surrender to them when confronted.
This appeal came against the background of two recent shootings in which suspects were killed.It is alleged that they attacked the police who tried to arrest them.
A statement from the communication arm of the JCF says about 5:15 yesterday afternoon Dujon Johnson of Catherine Mount in Montego Bay, St James was fatally shot after he allegedly attacked members of a police team during an operation.
The police say this particular operation was carried out by members of the anti-lottery scam task force noting that on several previous operations firearms have been seized and no one was shot, because suspects surrendered peacefully.
The second incident took place in Runaway Bay, St Ann just after nine o’clock last night when 20-year-old Gerald Bell, who had escaped from the Browns Town police lock up on may 10 was shot dead.
It is alleged that Bell was killed after he pulled an imitation firearm at the police who tried to apprehend him. The police are claiming that under the cover of darkness, the police officers involved in that operation could not have known that the firearm was an imitation.
Bell was the last of the four escapees who remained at large. The others were arrested by the police and returned to custody. Both matters have been reported to the Independent Commission of Investigations (INDECOM).
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Japanese Finalist On Magnum Kings and Queens of Dancehall Says She Received “Many Racist Comments” - May 29, 2017
- Elderly Jamaican-Born Woman Scammed Out Of Life Savings in New York - May 29, 2017
- Fatal Shootings By Police Increase By 45% - May 29, 2017
- Munga Charged With Murder - May 28, 2017
- Elaine Thompson Finishes Third In 200m At Eugene Diamond League - May 28, 2017
- Mother, Son Killed in Hanover - May 27, 2017
- 8 Jamaican Youngsters Receive Medical Scholarships From Cuba - May 27, 2017
- Life Sentences For Jamaican-Born DC Sniper Thrown Out - May 26, 2017
- 23-Yr-Old Man Allegedly Killed By Girlfriend in St Ann - May 26, 2017
- JPS Seeks Electricity Rate Increase - May 26, 2017