Police pleads with suspects to surrender following Police Killings
The police are again making an appeal to suspects in criminal matters to peacefully surrender to them when confronted.
This appeal came against the background of two recent shootings in which suspects were killed.It is alleged that they attacked the police who tried to arrest them.
A statement from the communication arm of the JCF says about 5:15 yesterday afternoon Dujon Johnson of Catherine Mount in Montego Bay, St James was fatally shot after he allegedly attacked members of a police team during an operation.
The police say this particular operation was carried out by members of the anti-lottery scam task force noting that on several previous operations firearms have been seized and no one was shot, because suspects surrendered peacefully.
The second incident took place in Runaway Bay, St Ann just after nine o’clock last night when 20-year-old Gerald Bell, who had escaped from the Browns Town police lock up on may 10 was shot dead.
It is alleged that Bell was killed after he pulled an imitation firearm at the police who tried to apprehend him. The police are claiming that under the cover of darkness, the police officers involved in that operation could not have known that the firearm was an imitation.
Bell was the last of the four escapees who remained at large. The others were arrested by the police and returned to custody. Both matters have been reported to the Independent Commission of Investigations (INDECOM).
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- Footage of Vybz Kartel Being Escorted From Hospital Surfaces Online (Video) - August 3, 2015
- Two Women Disarm Man Who Robbed and Attempted to Rape Them - August 3, 2015
- Usain Bolt Not Named on List of Over 800 Suspicious Athletes - August 3, 2015
- Ladies Never Force Your Man to be ‘Tough’ – This Video Shows Why - August 2, 2015
- Online Petition Launched For Rodolph Austin After He is Denied UK Work Permit - August 2, 2015
- “All Who Nuh Bathe From Morning, Run Go Hol a FRESH” Singer – Red Dragon Dies - August 1, 2015
- Historic! – Jamaican Author Among Nominees on Prestigious Man Booker Long List - August 1, 2015
- Man Suspected of Killing Female Constable Dies - August 1, 2015
- ‘Powerful’ Video Featuring Tarrus Riley and Ellie Goulding Racks Up Crazy Youtube Views - August 1, 2015
- 10 Awesome Facts About Jamaica’s Reggae Boyz at the Gold Cup - July 31, 2015