Rapist Collapses after Discovering Victim has HIV/Aids Virus
Richard Thomas, 27 is now faced with a terrible waiting period to find out if he contracted the deadly HIV/Aids virus from his victim.
Following his capture, a police officer said to him “Well, you should know that the woman you raped has AIDS.” He then collapsed and had to be sent to hospital when Manchester (UK) police informed him about his victim’s condition after the attack in July.
Thomas broke in to the house of the woman, whom he knew, and forced himself on her while she was asleep. The victim, who lives in Leigh, Manchester, had taken a sleeping pill shortly before the attack. She woke up to find him raping her.
Thomas knew the woman had a medical condition but was ignorant of the underlying cause. The Bolton News reported he had been drinking and taking drugs earlier that night.
Defending counsel Virginia Hayton told Liverpool Crown Court: “It is his own fault, if he had not committed this offence he would not have placed himself in this position.”
Thomas admitted raping the woman, after saying “she would not lie, she tells the truth. If she says I have done it, I have done it.”
Hayton added that Thomas “is remorseful and cannot understand why he did it and it is troubling him.”
Jailing Thomas for five years and four months, Judge Mark Brown branded his crime a “dreadful offence” and ordered him to sign the sex offenders register for life. Test results this week are expected to reveal whether or not he has HIV/Aids.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019
- Ruffi Drops Hot New Single “Pressure” - January 28, 2019
- Home With Breathtaking Sea View For Sale In Oracabessa - January 26, 2019