Chanderpaul Ranked 2nd on ICC Rankings for Test Batsmen
Veteran left-hander Shivnarine Chanderpaul continues to be the only West Indian batsman holding a place inside the top 10 of the Reliance ICC Player Rankings for Test Batsmen.
The 39 year old holds down the number 2 spot with 880 rating points, 23 behind South Africa’s Hashim Amla, and a point ahead of another South African A.B de Villiers.
Marlon Samuels (17) Chris Gayle (20) and Darren Bravo (22) are the next highest ranked West Indians.
Bangladesh’s Sohag Gazi meanwhile moved up 37 places to 119th on the rankings after becoming the first cricketer to score a century and take a hat-trick in a test.
The bowling ranking in the meantime continues to be led by South Africa’s Dale Steyn ahead of countryman Vernon Philander, Rangana Herath, Saeed Ajmal and Ryan Harris.
Kemar roach is the highest placed West Indian at 14 followed by Shane Shillingford (23) and Darren Sammy (29).
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Rivals Bolt and Gatlin May Face Off in the Bahamas - April 9, 2015
- Usain Bolt Ranked 16th Greatest Athlete Over the Last 20 Years - April 2, 2015
- American Tourist Allegedly Raped by Cuban Football Players in Jamaica - April 1, 2015
- Young Reggae Boyz Miss World Cup Spot After Heartbreaking Penalty Shootout Defeat - March 16, 2015
- Jamaica Beats the USA 1-0! (Highlights) - March 11, 2015
- Jamaica U-17 Players Injured in Elevator Crash in Honduras - March 1, 2015
- Jamaican Netballer Granted Australian Citizen, Could Represent Diamonds at 2015 Netball World Cup - February 16, 2015
- Legends Unite! – Bolt meets Jordan at Super Bowl 49 - February 2, 2015
- From the Track to the Runway – Asafa Powell Joins Modelling Agency! - January 8, 2015
- Liverpool’s Jamaican-born ace Raheem Sterling earns European Golden Boy award - December 20, 2014