Former broadcaster Sentenced to Prison
Former broadcaster, Wayne Whyte, is to spend fourteen years in prison, for the 2012 gun attack on fellow broadcaster, Jody-Ann Gray.
He was sentenced to a total of 29 years, however he will only spend 14 years, as the sentences, are to run con-currently.
Wayne Whyte and his co-accused Safari Farr received similar sentences today (July 8).
Whyte and Farr were sentenced to14 years for wounding with intent, 10 years for illegal possession of firearm and 5 years for illegal possession of ammunition.
The sentences were handed down today in the Gun Court by Justice Courtney Daye.
In handing down the sentences, Justice Daye said the aggravating circumstances out-weighed the mitigating circumstances in the case.
He added that Ms. Gray was vulnerable and in the safety of her home at the time of the attack.
In April last year, Ms. Gray, formerly of Kool 97 FM, had just arrived home in Portmore in St. Catherine, when she was attacked and shot in the neck and arm.
Ms. Gray was 7 months pregnant at the time.
Whyte, Farr, and another man, were arrested shortly after the incident.
The third man was a witness for the prosecution.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Getting De-Inked: Why Jamaicans Are Rethinking Their Tattoos - March 20, 2018
- Jay Z, Beyonce Visit Jamaica - March 20, 2018
- State Of Public Emergency Declared In St. Catherine North Police Division - March 19, 2018
- Plans In Place To Make Port Royal Jamaica’s Next Big Cruise Destination - March 18, 2018
- Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University - March 17, 2018
- Police Seize Over 1000 Rounds Of Assorted Ammunition In Cemetery – JCF - March 16, 2018
- Lisa Hanna – “Trump’s Tariffs Could Hurt Jamaica Badly!” - March 15, 2018
- 20 Million Streams On Spotify For Devin Di Dakta - March 15, 2018
- Jamaican Artiste Sues Miley Cyrus For US$300 Million Over ‘We Can’t Stop’ - March 14, 2018
- US$500 Round Trip Flights From Jamaica To Germany Now Being Offered - March 14, 2018