Former broadcaster Sentenced to Prison
Former broadcaster, Wayne Whyte, is to spend fourteen years in prison, for the 2012 gun attack on fellow broadcaster, Jody-Ann Gray.
He was sentenced to a total of 29 years, however he will only spend 14 years, as the sentences, are to run con-currently.
Wayne Whyte and his co-accused Safari Farr received similar sentences today (July 8).
Whyte and Farr were sentenced to14 years for wounding with intent, 10 years for illegal possession of firearm and 5 years for illegal possession of ammunition.
The sentences were handed down today in the Gun Court by Justice Courtney Daye.
In handing down the sentences, Justice Daye said the aggravating circumstances out-weighed the mitigating circumstances in the case.
He added that Ms. Gray was vulnerable and in the safety of her home at the time of the attack.
In April last year, Ms. Gray, formerly of Kool 97 FM, had just arrived home in Portmore in St. Catherine, when she was attacked and shot in the neck and arm.
Ms. Gray was 7 months pregnant at the time.
Whyte, Farr, and another man, were arrested shortly after the incident.
The third man was a witness for the prosecution.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- Another Massive Chik V Outbreak Expected! - February 28, 2015
- Asafa Powell and Sherone Simpson to Sue Supplement Company - February 28, 2015
- The Worst Disease You Never Heard Of - February 28, 2015
- 11 Persons Injured in Early Morning Crash - February 27, 2015
- NCB to Significantly Increase Some Fees - February 26, 2015
- Reggae Singer Etana Falls Unconscious, Hospitalised - February 26, 2015
- Marijuana Decriminalised in Jamaica - February 25, 2015
- Beauty and The Priest - February 25, 2015
- J’can Born Man and Wife Get 15 Year Prison Sentence in the US - February 24, 2015
- 13-Yr-Old Girl Gets Bitten by Crocodile in St. Elizabeth - February 24, 2015