Former broadcaster Sentenced to Prison
Former broadcaster, Wayne Whyte, is to spend fourteen years in prison, for the 2012 gun attack on fellow broadcaster, Jody-Ann Gray.
He was sentenced to a total of 29 years, however he will only spend 14 years, as the sentences, are to run con-currently.
Wayne Whyte and his co-accused Safari Farr received similar sentences today (July 8).
Whyte and Farr were sentenced to14 years for wounding with intent, 10 years for illegal possession of firearm and 5 years for illegal possession of ammunition.
The sentences were handed down today in the Gun Court by Justice Courtney Daye.
In handing down the sentences, Justice Daye said the aggravating circumstances out-weighed the mitigating circumstances in the case.
He added that Ms. Gray was vulnerable and in the safety of her home at the time of the attack.
In April last year, Ms. Gray, formerly of Kool 97 FM, had just arrived home in Portmore in St. Catherine, when she was attacked and shot in the neck and arm.
Ms. Gray was 7 months pregnant at the time.
Whyte, Farr, and another man, were arrested shortly after the incident.
The third man was a witness for the prosecution.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- U-17 Reggae Boyz Struck By Flu-Like Infection Ahead of Must Win Mexico Clash - April 29, 2017
- Man Who Allegedly Killed Cop Dies After Shootout With Soldiers - April 29, 2017
- Breaking: Cop Killed on Constant Spring Road - April 28, 2017
- Elaine Thompson to Face Schippers Again in May - April 28, 2017
- ‘Bibi’ Writes Touching Tribute to Germaine Mason - April 27, 2017
- Jamaican Cancer Sufferer Reportedly Claims He Was Tied Up and Kicked Off British Airways Flight - April 27, 2017
- Bolt’s World-Record Berlin Runs Named Best in World Championship History - April 27, 2017
- Young Reggae Boyz Defeat El Salvador 3-1 in CONCACAF U-17 Championship - April 27, 2017
- Teenager Allegedly Commits Suicide in St James - April 26, 2017
- Eight Alleged Scammers Extradited to the United States - April 26, 2017