Former broadcaster Sentenced to Prison
Former broadcaster, Wayne Whyte, is to spend fourteen years in prison, for the 2012 gun attack on fellow broadcaster, Jody-Ann Gray.
He was sentenced to a total of 29 years, however he will only spend 14 years, as the sentences, are to run con-currently.
Wayne Whyte and his co-accused Safari Farr received similar sentences today (July 8).
Whyte and Farr were sentenced to14 years for wounding with intent, 10 years for illegal possession of firearm and 5 years for illegal possession of ammunition.
The sentences were handed down today in the Gun Court by Justice Courtney Daye.
In handing down the sentences, Justice Daye said the aggravating circumstances out-weighed the mitigating circumstances in the case.
He added that Ms. Gray was vulnerable and in the safety of her home at the time of the attack.
In April last year, Ms. Gray, formerly of Kool 97 FM, had just arrived home in Portmore in St. Catherine, when she was attacked and shot in the neck and arm.
Ms. Gray was 7 months pregnant at the time.
Whyte, Farr, and another man, were arrested shortly after the incident.
The third man was a witness for the prosecution.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017
- Gunmen Kill Goat Farmer in St Elizabeth - October 17, 2017
- Sangster International Named Caribbean’s Leading Airport – World Travel Awards - October 15, 2017