Former broadcaster Sentenced to Prison
Former broadcaster, Wayne Whyte, is to spend fourteen years in prison, for the 2012 gun attack on fellow broadcaster, Jody-Ann Gray.
He was sentenced to a total of 29 years, however he will only spend 14 years, as the sentences, are to run con-currently.
Wayne Whyte and his co-accused Safari Farr received similar sentences today (July 8).
Whyte and Farr were sentenced to14 years for wounding with intent, 10 years for illegal possession of firearm and 5 years for illegal possession of ammunition.
The sentences were handed down today in the Gun Court by Justice Courtney Daye.
In handing down the sentences, Justice Daye said the aggravating circumstances out-weighed the mitigating circumstances in the case.
He added that Ms. Gray was vulnerable and in the safety of her home at the time of the attack.
In April last year, Ms. Gray, formerly of Kool 97 FM, had just arrived home in Portmore in St. Catherine, when she was attacked and shot in the neck and arm.
Ms. Gray was 7 months pregnant at the time.
Whyte, Farr, and another man, were arrested shortly after the incident.
The third man was a witness for the prosecution.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- Prime Minister Deeply Saddened by Clarendon Murders - April 19, 2015
- Jamaica’s Parliament Gets Low Rating For Effectiveness – Report - April 18, 2015
- Bolt Really Wants to Run the 200m in Less than 19 seconds - April 18, 2015
- Body of Baby Discovered at Riverton Dump - April 17, 2015
- Iconic Dancer Patsy Ricketts Latest to Blast Chronixx - April 17, 2015
- Three Teenagers Among four Killed Execution Style in Clarendon - April 16, 2015
- JLP Leader Andrew Holness Interviews Shabba Ranks (Video) - April 16, 2015
- Former Prime Minister Andrew Holness to Judge Popular Dancehall TV Show - April 15, 2015
- Customers are Enjoying the Lowest Electricity Rates in 5 Years: JPS Release - April 15, 2015
- Plane Filled With Weapons and Ammunition Flew in To Help Prevent Dudus’ Arrest - April 14, 2015