Shocking Relationship between Mother and Son
This is a story we have seen circulating for a little while now but found it too shocking to be true.
Based on all our investigations it appears to be authentic as it has been published by many reputable organizations around the world.
Let us hear your viewpoints on this decision made by these two individuals in the comments section below:
“A mother and her son have done the unthinkable – they have fallen in love with one another. And now they want to marry since the mom is six months pregnant and expecting her son’s first child.”
Betty Mbereko (40), who was widowed 12 years ago, has been cohabiting with her first child, Farai Mbereko (23). She confirms that she is six months pregnant and that she has decided it is better to “marry” her son because she does not want to marry her late husband’s young brothers, whom she says are coveting her.
Betty stunned a village court last week when she said the affair with her son had begun three years earlier. She said after spending a lot of money sending Farai to school following the death of her husband, she felt she had a right to his money and no other woman was entitled to it.
“Look, I strove alone to send my son to school and no one helped me. Now you see that my son is working and you accuse me of doing something wrong. “Let me enjoy the products of my sweat,” she told the village court.
Farai said he was more than prepared to marry his mother and would pay off the ilobola balance his father had left unpaid to his grandparents. “I know my father died before he finished paying the bride price and I am prepared to pay it off,” he said.
“It is better to publicise what is happening because people should know that I am the one who made my mother pregnant. Otherwise they will accuse her of promiscuity.”
But local headman Nathan Muputirwa says: “We cannot allow this to happen in our village, mashura chaiwo aya, (This is a bad omen indeed).
In the past they would have to be killed but today we cannot do it because we are afraid of the police.” He warned them to break off their marriage or leave his village.
They chose the latter and have left the village for an unknown destination.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- 34 Per Cent of Jamaican Adults Have No Bank Account - April 26, 2015
- Jamaican Life – Church Time! - April 26, 2015
- Jamaican Passport Among the Least Valuable in the Caribbean - April 25, 2015
- Decomposing Body of 12-Yr-Old Girl Found in Bushes - April 25, 2015
- Shaggy Makes History on The Tonight Show with “Shaggy Off” (Video) - April 24, 2015
- Bolt Blasts Tyson Gay, Says He Should Have Received Lifetime Ban - April 24, 2015
- Police Seek Jamaican Man After Gay Teen is Brutally Murdered in St Lucia - April 23, 2015
- Government Could Get Millions from Dormant Bank Accounts - April 23, 2015
- Jamaican Terror Suspect to Be Taken to Place of Safety - April 22, 2015
- Miguel Lorne Describes Chronnix’s Controversial ‘Waste Man’ Statement as “Beautiful” - April 21, 2015