Jamaican Sprinter Banned for 6 Years
Jamaican quarter-miler Dominique Blake has been issued a ban for six years with immediate effect following a positive test for the banned substance, methylhexanamine, at last year’s National Trials.
Blake, who admitted the doping charges and explained she didn’t intend to use the substance, finished sixth in the women’s 400m final at the national trials and travelled with the team to the London Olympics did not make the final 4×4 meter relay team.
Her lawyer Patrick Foster says he was not surprised by the sanction but was disappointed by the length of the ban.
Ken Pantry, the chairman of the Jamaica Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel, after seven sitting, explained “Having listened to the arguments, the panel unanimously decided miss Blake did not satisfied the panel’s to its comfortable satisfaction that the substance entered her body without an intention to enhance sport ing performance.
“Therefore we decided that the sanction of ineligibility will be six years commencing today.” Pantry said.
The written verdict with the reason why the ban starts today will be delivered in 21 days.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- Jamaica U-17 Players Injured in Elevator Crash in Honduras - March 1, 2015
- Jamaican Netballer Granted Australian Citizen, Could Represent Diamonds at 2015 Netball World Cup - February 16, 2015
- Legends Unite! – Bolt meets Jordan at Super Bowl 49 - February 2, 2015
- From the Track to the Runway – Asafa Powell Joins Modelling Agency! - January 8, 2015
- Liverpool’s Jamaican-born ace Raheem Sterling earns European Golden Boy award - December 20, 2014
- Jamaica Leaps Massive 42 places in latest FIFA Rankings - November 28, 2014
- Usain Bolt among Top 50 Highest Paid Athletes - November 10, 2014
- Usain Bolt wants roof over his head – Here’s Why: - August 21, 2014
- Bolt easily wins first 100 meter race of the year despite feeling “sluggish” (Video) - August 18, 2014
- Jamaica’s Waterhouse FC enter CONCACAF Champions League with a victory (Video Highlights) - August 8, 2014