Fake Kidnapping Plot Foiled
Six persons are now in custody in connection with a fake kidnapping plot. This as a result of efforts of the Organised Crime Investigation Division and the St Catherine North Police.
On Thursday, the supposed kidnapee placed a call to his relatives saying his abductors demanded $1.1 million in order for him to be released. The relatives were convinced to pay up “or else”.
The police were contacted and an investigation began.
Based on statements from the police an undercover operation was initialized in Spanish Town and an initial payment of $200,000 made to a man. He drove away but was followed onto St Johns Road where he was apprehended by the police.
Following his arrest, investigators learned that the incident was part of a plot to scam the family of the supposed victim.
His capture led to the arrest of the five other individuals including the supposed victim.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- Sizzla Arrested After Using Expletives at Police Station - March 29, 2015
- Jamaican is Teacher of the Year in Florida - March 29, 2015
- Mavado Claims He Was Treated Like a Bum at New York Restaurant Because He is Black - March 28, 2015
- Jamaican-born Athlete Dies in Swimming Accident in St Kitts - March 28, 2015
- Raheem Sterling Rejects Deal Worth $17 Million Per Week - March 28, 2015
- Prime Minister Scolds Gay-Rights Protestors During Address in New York - March 27, 2015
- Could Juror Selection Result in Vybz Kartel’s Conviction Being Overturned? - March 26, 2015
- Jamaica’s ‘Axeman’ 2nd in World’s Top Featherweight Boxers - March 26, 2015
- Will Jamaican Congresswoman Be A Part of the Obama Delegation to Jamaica? - March 25, 2015
- Riverton Dump Could Provide 10% of Jamaica’s Power According to Energy Minister - March 25, 2015