Fake Kidnapping Plot Foiled
Six persons are now in custody in connection with a fake kidnapping plot. This as a result of efforts of the Organised Crime Investigation Division and the St Catherine North Police.
On Thursday, the supposed kidnapee placed a call to his relatives saying his abductors demanded $1.1 million in order for him to be released. The relatives were convinced to pay up “or else”.
The police were contacted and an investigation began.
Based on statements from the police an undercover operation was initialized in Spanish Town and an initial payment of $200,000 made to a man. He drove away but was followed onto St Johns Road where he was apprehended by the police.
Following his arrest, investigators learned that the incident was part of a plot to scam the family of the supposed victim.
His capture led to the arrest of the five other individuals including the supposed victim.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Japanese Finalist On Magnum Kings and Queens of Dancehall Says She Received “Many Racist Comments” - May 29, 2017
- Elderly Jamaican-Born Woman Scammed Out Of Life Savings in New York - May 29, 2017
- Fatal Shootings By Police Increase By 45% - May 29, 2017
- Munga Charged With Murder - May 28, 2017
- Elaine Thompson Finishes Third In 200m At Eugene Diamond League - May 28, 2017
- Mother, Son Killed in Hanover - May 27, 2017
- 8 Jamaican Youngsters Receive Medical Scholarships From Cuba - May 27, 2017
- Life Sentences For Jamaican-Born DC Sniper Thrown Out - May 26, 2017
- 23-Yr-Old Man Allegedly Killed By Girlfriend in St Ann - May 26, 2017
- JPS Seeks Electricity Rate Increase - May 26, 2017