Fake Kidnapping Plot Foiled
Six persons are now in custody in connection with a fake kidnapping plot. This as a result of efforts of the Organised Crime Investigation Division and the St Catherine North Police.
On Thursday, the supposed kidnapee placed a call to his relatives saying his abductors demanded $1.1 million in order for him to be released. The relatives were convinced to pay up “or else”.
The police were contacted and an investigation began.
Based on statements from the police an undercover operation was initialized in Spanish Town and an initial payment of $200,000 made to a man. He drove away but was followed onto St Johns Road where he was apprehended by the police.
Following his arrest, investigators learned that the incident was part of a plot to scam the family of the supposed victim.
His capture led to the arrest of the five other individuals including the supposed victim.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- Jamaica’s ‘Axeman’ is Number One! - May 27, 2015
- Bolt Aiming For Fast Time in Ostrava - May 26, 2015
- Jamaican Int’l Footballer Scores Beautiful Hat-Trick Ensuring Promotion for Preston North End (Video) - May 25, 2015
- 28-Year-Old Kingston Man Steals Over A Dozen Phones Used By Obama’s Security Personnel - May 24, 2015
- Jamaica Rejects Calls to Repeal Buggery Law, Legalise Same-Sex Marriages - May 23, 2015
- Man Strips Naked At Airport After Learning Flight to Jamaica Was Overbooked - May 21, 2015
- Rolling Stone’s Mick Jagger Says Kartel and Jay-Z Are His Favourite Rappers - May 21, 2015
- Mayhem at Passport Office Following Fee Increases - May 21, 2015
- Elderly Farmer Killed by Police Was “A Frail Man” Says Seiveright - May 20, 2015
- 7 Quick Facts About the Zika Virus - May 20, 2015