Fake Kidnapping Plot Foiled
Six persons are now in custody in connection with a fake kidnapping plot. This as a result of efforts of the Organised Crime Investigation Division and the St Catherine North Police.
On Thursday, the supposed kidnapee placed a call to his relatives saying his abductors demanded $1.1 million in order for him to be released. The relatives were convinced to pay up “or else”.
The police were contacted and an investigation began.
Based on statements from the police an undercover operation was initialized in Spanish Town and an initial payment of $200,000 made to a man. He drove away but was followed onto St Johns Road where he was apprehended by the police.
Following his arrest, investigators learned that the incident was part of a plot to scam the family of the supposed victim.
His capture led to the arrest of the five other individuals including the supposed victim.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Category 5 Hurricane Maria Leaves “Widespread Devastation” In Dominica, Continues To Rip Through Caribbean - September 19, 2017
- Minor Earthquake Rattles Several Parishes - September 18, 2017
- Hurricane Maria Approaches Caribbean, Expected To Strengthen Rapidly - September 18, 2017
- Thousands Of Jamaicans Among ‘Dreamers’ In The US - September 17, 2017
- New JFF Boss Elected - September 17, 2017
- World’s Oldest Person – Jamaica’s Violet Moss-Brown Dies At 117 - September 16, 2017
- Jamaican Banana/Plantain Farmers Achieve GlobalG.A.P. Certification - September 15, 2017
- More Reggae Boyz To Ply Trade In Europe - September 15, 2017
- Doctor Found Dead At Her Home In Kingston - September 14, 2017
- Some Coins To Be Removed From Circulation In Jamaica - September 14, 2017