Fake Kidnapping Plot Foiled
Six persons are now in custody in connection with a fake kidnapping plot. This as a result of efforts of the Organised Crime Investigation Division and the St Catherine North Police.
On Thursday, the supposed kidnapee placed a call to his relatives saying his abductors demanded $1.1 million in order for him to be released. The relatives were convinced to pay up “or else”.
The police were contacted and an investigation began.
Based on statements from the police an undercover operation was initialized in Spanish Town and an initial payment of $200,000 made to a man. He drove away but was followed onto St Johns Road where he was apprehended by the police.
Following his arrest, investigators learned that the incident was part of a plot to scam the family of the supposed victim.
His capture led to the arrest of the five other individuals including the supposed victim.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017
- Firearms Seized At Sangster International Airport, Two US Nationals Charged – JCF - November 15, 2017