Fake Kidnapping Plot Foiled
Six persons are now in custody in connection with a fake kidnapping plot. This as a result of efforts of the Organised Crime Investigation Division and the St Catherine North Police.
On Thursday, the supposed kidnapee placed a call to his relatives saying his abductors demanded $1.1 million in order for him to be released. The relatives were convinced to pay up “or else”.
The police were contacted and an investigation began.
Based on statements from the police an undercover operation was initialized in Spanish Town and an initial payment of $200,000 made to a man. He drove away but was followed onto St Johns Road where he was apprehended by the police.
Following his arrest, investigators learned that the incident was part of a plot to scam the family of the supposed victim.
His capture led to the arrest of the five other individuals including the supposed victim.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- Vice Principal, Daughter Attacked And Stabbed 26 Times in Portland - November 25, 2015
- 3 Jamaicans Included in All-Star U19 team For 2015 Copa Rayados - November 24, 2015
- Entertainer J Capri in Dire Need of Blood Following Car Accident - November 24, 2015
- Bolt and South African Telecom Provider Unite to Create “BOLTSPEED” (Video) - November 23, 2015
- Under 17 Reggae Girlz Earn Caribbean Football Union Title - November 23, 2015
- Police Hunt Caribbean Bombmaker in France Attacks - November 19, 2015
- Jamaican Man Kills Twin Babies, Girlfriend’s Father Then Himself - November 18, 2015
- Body of Missing St Ann Boy Found in Gully - November 17, 2015
- Prime Minister Condemns Acts of Terror in France - November 14, 2015
- Man Who Allegedly Committed Rape in Viral Online Video Now in Police Custody - November 13, 2015