Fake Kidnapping Plot Foiled
Six persons are now in custody in connection with a fake kidnapping plot. This as a result of efforts of the Organised Crime Investigation Division and the St Catherine North Police.
On Thursday, the supposed kidnapee placed a call to his relatives saying his abductors demanded $1.1 million in order for him to be released. The relatives were convinced to pay up “or else”.
The police were contacted and an investigation began.
Based on statements from the police an undercover operation was initialized in Spanish Town and an initial payment of $200,000 made to a man. He drove away but was followed onto St Johns Road where he was apprehended by the police.
Following his arrest, investigators learned that the incident was part of a plot to scam the family of the supposed victim.
His capture led to the arrest of the five other individuals including the supposed victim.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Armed Men Wearing Masks Storm Police Station in Clarendon - April 23, 2017
- Blake Upset After Men’s 4×100 Mishap at World Relays - April 23, 2017
- Soldier Suspected of Killing His Father Arrested - April 23, 2017
- Canadian Company Gets Licences to Mine For Gold, Copper in St Catherine - April 22, 2017
- Reggae Boyz to Face Peru in Friendly International - April 22, 2017
- Sports Minister Saddened by Passing of Germaine Mason - April 21, 2017
- 4 Life Sentences For Momymusk Killer - April 21, 2017
- Jamaica Records Highest Easter Weekend Road Fatalities Since 2008 – NRSC - April 20, 2017
- 30 Medals for Jamaica at Carifta Swimming Championships - April 20, 2017
- BREAKING: Jamaican High Jumper Germaine Mason Dies in Motorcycle Crash - April 20, 2017