Fake Kidnapping Plot Foiled
Six persons are now in custody in connection with a fake kidnapping plot. This as a result of efforts of the Organised Crime Investigation Division and the St Catherine North Police.
On Thursday, the supposed kidnapee placed a call to his relatives saying his abductors demanded $1.1 million in order for him to be released. The relatives were convinced to pay up “or else”.
The police were contacted and an investigation began.
Based on statements from the police an undercover operation was initialized in Spanish Town and an initial payment of $200,000 made to a man. He drove away but was followed onto St Johns Road where he was apprehended by the police.
Following his arrest, investigators learned that the incident was part of a plot to scam the family of the supposed victim.
His capture led to the arrest of the five other individuals including the supposed victim.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- Usain Bolt Gets Taken Down By Cameraman on Segway After 200m Victory - August 27, 2015
- Former UWI Guild VP and Girlfriend Perish in St Ann Accident - August 27, 2015
- Gold Again!!! Bolt Defeats Gatlin in 200m Final at World Championships - August 27, 2015
- Elaine Thompson Wins Easily – Again, Faces Speedy Dafne Schippers in Final - August 27, 2015
- Let’s Rise to the Occasion and Support the Reggae Boyz (Video) - August 27, 2015
- Elaine Thompson Wins 200m Heat Effortlessly at World Championships - August 26, 2015
- Past Student of UTech Dies While Playing Football - August 26, 2015
- Bolt Strolls His Way Into 200m Final at World Championships - August 26, 2015
- I Gave Away The Race Away Says Gatlin After Defeat to Bolt - August 25, 2015
- Man’s Tribute to Usain Bolt Goes Viral (Video) - August 25, 2015