Fake Kidnapping Plot Foiled
Six persons are now in custody in connection with a fake kidnapping plot. This as a result of efforts of the Organised Crime Investigation Division and the St Catherine North Police.
On Thursday, the supposed kidnapee placed a call to his relatives saying his abductors demanded $1.1 million in order for him to be released. The relatives were convinced to pay up “or else”.
The police were contacted and an investigation began.
Based on statements from the police an undercover operation was initialized in Spanish Town and an initial payment of $200,000 made to a man. He drove away but was followed onto St Johns Road where he was apprehended by the police.
Following his arrest, investigators learned that the incident was part of a plot to scam the family of the supposed victim.
His capture led to the arrest of the five other individuals including the supposed victim.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- Jamaican Passport Among the Least Valuable in the Caribbean - April 25, 2015
- Decomposing Body of 12-Yr-Old Girl Found in Bushes - April 25, 2015
- Shaggy Makes History on The Tonight Show with “Shaggy Off” (Video) - April 24, 2015
- Bolt Blasts Tyson Gay, Says He Should Have Received Lifetime Ban - April 24, 2015
- Police Seek Jamaican Man After Gay Teen is Brutally Murdered in St Lucia - April 23, 2015
- Government Could Get Millions from Dormant Bank Accounts - April 23, 2015
- Jamaican Terror Suspect to Be Taken to Place of Safety - April 22, 2015
- Miguel Lorne Describes Chronnix’s Controversial ‘Waste Man’ Statement as “Beautiful” - April 21, 2015
- Mexican Firm Now Has Majority Stake in Sangster International Airport (MBJ) - April 21, 2015
- York Castle High Wins National Debating Competition - April 21, 2015