Fake Kidnapping Plot Foiled
Six persons are now in custody in connection with a fake kidnapping plot. This as a result of efforts of the Organised Crime Investigation Division and the St Catherine North Police.
On Thursday, the supposed kidnapee placed a call to his relatives saying his abductors demanded $1.1 million in order for him to be released. The relatives were convinced to pay up “or else”.
The police were contacted and an investigation began.
Based on statements from the police an undercover operation was initialized in Spanish Town and an initial payment of $200,000 made to a man. He drove away but was followed onto St Johns Road where he was apprehended by the police.
Following his arrest, investigators learned that the incident was part of a plot to scam the family of the supposed victim.
His capture led to the arrest of the five other individuals including the supposed victim.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- Asafa Powell and Sherone Simpson to Sue Supplement Company - February 28, 2015
- The Worst Disease You Never Heard Of - February 28, 2015
- 11 Persons Injured in Early Morning Crash - February 27, 2015
- NCB to Significantly Increase Some Fees - February 26, 2015
- Reggae Singer Etana Falls Unconscious, Hospitalised - February 26, 2015
- Marijuana Decriminalised in Jamaica - February 25, 2015
- Beauty and The Priest - February 25, 2015
- J’can Born Man and Wife Get 15 Year Prison Sentence in the US - February 24, 2015
- 13-Yr-Old Girl Gets Bitten by Crocodile in St. Elizabeth - February 24, 2015
- Jamaica’s Chris Gayle Smashes World Cup’s First Ever Double Century! (Video) - February 24, 2015